WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Dogs are better than us. We don’t deserve them. I have had a couple Labs. If you don’t kill them in the first two years they will become the best dogs you have ever had.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like the rescue route. There are lots of dogs out there in need of a good home. I adopted my buddy here last year as a 3 year old. And as a bonus, he was already house trained and the adoption fee was low enough not to drain the watch fund.

View attachment 16358243
I had one of these as a boy. It was the smartest dog I ever owned. I have considered getting another, but I don't have enough lawn for it.

·
Premium Member
18,278 Posts
Well done, JT !

Beautiful lab too.

All contributions to this thread have been wonderful to read through.

I'm a huge fan of the Animal Welfare League, here in Queensland and every dog that I've had in the past 30+ years has been a rescue dog.

Best wishes

Russ.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Congrats! We’re a few weeks into the same adventure. Thankfully we’re past the surprise puddles on the floor stage. However, those milk teeth are dangerous!

This girl is from Eagertrieve breeder. Any chance they‘re related?

View attachment 16358344
View attachment 16358346
How adorable is your guy! Friday can't come soon enough!
Ours is coming from Ace Labradors in Alberta.

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
We also adopted this little guy last year from a kill shelter. He was in line to be put down a few days later. He's 15 years old with a heart condition. What kind of person just drops their 15 year old dog off at the pound?
These are my two! Both rescues. Both a pain in my arse ;)
I run an animal shelter so if people don’t have a specific breed in mind. Check your local animal shelter to adopt!
Could not agree more! My guy was found on the banks of the LA River - really little more than a concrete drainage culvert - wearing a ratty belt as a collar/leash. The presumption was he was dumped by his original owners and temporarily taken care of by a homeless person. A friend found him, took him to the local SPCA and called me, "I know you're looking for a dog and I found the perfect one for you!" Turns out she was right. Despite doing a BLNR's (and then some) worth of damage to my home, I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Could not agree more! My guy was found on the banks of the LA River - really little more than a concrete drainage culvert - wearing a ratty belt as a collar/leash. The presumption was he was dumped by his original owners and temporarily taken care of by a homeless person. A friend found him, took him to the local SPCA and called me, "I know you're looking for a dog and I found the perfect one for you!" Turns out she was right. Despite doing a BLNR's (and then some) worth of damage to my home, I wouldn't have it any other way.
HAHAHAHAHAHA when I first got my pitty she did about a SMP's worth of damage to most of the corners of the walls in the apartment......thank goodness for YouTube!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I had one of these as a boy. It was the smartest dog I ever owned. I have considered getting another, but I don't have enough lawn for it.
They need a lot of exercise for sure. That being said, I don't think they need a big yard. Mine is just happy being wherever I am and doesn't stray far when we're out in the yard. Give him long walks, hikes, runs - maybe a trip to the dog park and he's happy. If you don't have at least an hour per day to (try) to tire him out it would not be a good experience though.

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA when I first got my pitty she did about a SMP's worth of damage to most of the corners of the walls in the apartment......thank goodness for YouTube!
The first night I left the dog alone in my home, I returned to find the rugs chewed to pieces, the plants uprooted, the blinds torn off the windows and all other types of destruction. Turns out the guy has a wicked case of separation anxiety. He was literally chewing on a lamp shade when I walked in the door.

• Haha
Reactions: danshort and emj84

·
Registered
268 Posts
The first night I left the dog alone in my home, I returned to find the rugs chewed to pieces, the plants uprooted, the blinds torn off the windows and all other types of destruction. Turns out the guy has a wicked case of separation anxiety. He was literally chewing on a lamp shade when I walked in the door.
Ouch, I feel your pain!!!!!!!! I didn't have it that bad, just a few universal remotes and walls later lol She was just a puppy and bored out of her mind. The Frenchie on the other hand. He likes to eat things whole and take trips to the pet ER at the most convenient times ;):oops:🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congratulations on the puppy and thanks for sharing your dogs, everyone. I lost my Airedale Terrier last week to cancer and have been feeling really down. Seeing all your cute pups brought me joy!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Congratulations on the puppy and thanks for sharing your dogs, everyone. I lost my Airedale Terrier last week to cancer and have been feeling really down. Seeing all your cute pups brought me joy!
Thanks and i know your pain.... having put down our spaniel last August due to cancer. It gets better....slowly. :cry:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It always sucks. Rescuing a dog in need of a good home is a great way to ease the pain. I speak from experience.

41 - 60 of 117 Posts