WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger on a Certina DS3 Chrono at a great price...at least I think it is. Almost in the "too good to be true" realm.

I was on the fence till I read a thread from Jan. '07 where a forum regular bought one to replace one he'd sold...I figured that's a pretty good testimonial. Thanks W.C
.|>

I love chronometers but have never had a (real)dive chrono. I did manage to ruin a Speedmaster in a swimming pool though. Hope this one's a little tougher.

I've wanted one of these DS 3's since they came out. I know the hands are thought to be weak by some, but I think the dial on the chrono version alleviates that somewhat.

Now I'll have to get off my duff and sell some other watches to pay for it.:think: I'll flash a few pictures when it gets here.

·
Aquadive forum moderator
5,648 Posts
Well I regrettably sold the second and now am looking, not to hard for a third. I think its a great watch and you will not be disappointed. I do prefer the vintage Certina's, but you will like yours congrats and enjoy.

Pulled the trigger on a Certina DS3 Chrono at a great price...at least I think it is. Almost in the "too good to be true" realm.

I was on the fence till I read a thread from Jan. '07 where a forum regular bought one to replace one he'd sold...I figured that's a pretty good testimonial. Thanks W.C
.|>

I love chronometers but have never had a (real)dive chrono. I did manage to ruin a Speedmaster in a swimming pool though. Hope this one's a little tougher.

I've wanted one of these DS 3's since they came out. I know the hands are thought to be weak by some, but I think the dial on the chrono version alleviates that somewhat.

Now I'll have to get off my duff and sell some other watches to pay for it.:think: I'll flash a few pictures when it gets here.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sold it again?

Oh great....LOL!

I like the vintage Certinas as well. I have a DS-2 ph500 that I really dig, and sold off a mint DS-2 a few months ago that I couldn't warm up to. Too dressy.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Congratulations :-! I am a big fan of the Certina DS3 series. I modded my Certina DS3 with some MKII dial and hands and now it is on of my favorites.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HK Shooter...that looks nice. It was pics of your modded DS (and a few others) that put this watch back on my radar screen. I had kinda shelved the thought of getting one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked it up from the post office today, and I'm relieved to say it's pretty damn nice!
I wouldn't call it my grail...but it'll do for now.:)

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Hugely nice watch Hogan!
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Very nice! I really like the looks of a well executed dive chrono, MORE PICS!!!

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Nice Pick up! That looks really nice. :-!
Congrats
Al

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Sweet! I've got it's non-chrono sibling, really like these!

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Very cool looking watch! b-) The dial has a lot of subs, but doesn't look too busy. Great choice! :-! Wear it well and thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
thats hot Hogan......I'm a chrono fan also

If that were quartz............god I'd be all over ito|

Great watch bro.....always dig CERTINA

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Congrats, Hogan! That's a beautiful chrono diver! :-!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts