WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not resist!! Shane1000 called it one of the best divers ever, plus all the positive feedback and the beautiful pics----MY head started spinning and my willpower eroded. Pulled the trigger on the all black model from bluedial.com. This is my fourth Seiko in a rather short period of time, joining my samurai, tuna and kinetic boss. I really hope that we can come up with a better nickname for this cool watch. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait to see some wrist shots!!!

I really hope that we can come up with a better nickname for this cool watch. Any suggestions?
"Franken-Tuna" is the nickname I have seen used most often...and I like it :-!

I might not be far behind you on grabbing one of these "monsters."

Enjoy it and give us the lowdown on the service/product you get from bluedial.com

DJ

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I just found this one too, I think I like how this one stands out, SKZ253. Stainless steel exposed on the bracelet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wouldn't Blackened Tuna be more appropriate?
...and I have one showing up tomorrow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
got my skz255 today.
not that big for my seven inch wrist:-!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Congratulations , it really is a superbly weighted and balanced piece, and for me personally I think it is one of the best 200m watches to come from Seiko.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Shane and all the others, Great pics!! P.S to answer automatic, the land monster is a different model. Now I sit and wait for UPS.......

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
Congratulations, skyworker! :-!

These Seikos, whatever you want to call them, are WAY COOL! b-)

I've sworn off watch buying for awhile because of all the money I'm spending on the new Harley Electra Glide this month, but this one may force me to break my self-imposed moratorium. :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got mine (all black) several days ago and have worn it ever since. It really is an outstanding Seiko: Looks great, feels great. I've tried different straps on it but keep coming back to the bracelet that came with it. It does not look or feel that large to me, probably because it sits so low, nothing like my Eco-Hubcap-Zilla. Also, the lume is just outrageous, even brighter than the Sumo - it just kind of glows all day.
I'd post some pix but there's no point what with LaughingGull's awesome shots... how do you top those?
BTW: I swear that's it for watch purchases this year... really... I mean it!
:-d

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Congratulations, skyworker! :-!

These Seikos, whatever you want to call them, are WAY COOL! b-)

I've sworn off watch buying for awhile because of all the money I'm spending on the new Harley Electra Glide this month, but this one may force me to break my self-imposed moratorium. :-d:-d:-d
Just remember the discourse between the Mai'tre d and Mr. Creosote in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life:

"It's only a wafer thin Mint" "Oh, sir, it's only a tiny, little, thin one."

Steve, it's just one more watch. It's really small. You know you want it...don't you? ;-)

DJ

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Once you log in to WUS, you are fighting a losing battle!! I do take comfort in the fact that I am not alone when it comes to fighting the irrational, irresponsible urge to own just one more little watch !!! But the blogs keep on coming, always with awesome pictures and sudenly it makes perfect sense to add one more to the collection! It is a vicious cycle--- I LOVE IT:-d I hate ito|

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Don't fight your impulses Steve...

...make peace with the beast!

You have nothing to fear but fear itself (and your wife when she realizes you have yet another timepiece).

What could possibly go wrong? :think:

---Enter Seymour Krelborn, mild-mannered florist in the Little Shop of Horrors.

"FEED ME SEYMOUR, FEED ME!!!"

We don't want to make your beast angry...you wouldn't like it, if he got angry! :-d

---From What Time Is It? The Biography of a Pathological Horologist:

"As he stood deep within the watchseller's lair, fondling his newest desire, he felt the beast within him surge up...and hand over his credit card."

---From the Health & Human Services PSA:

Don't let this happen to someone you love. You can do something about pathological horology.

Buy them watches. Lots of watches...nice ones; otherwise, we'd have to medicate them into a drooling stupor, and you don't want that.

Come on,...are a few quality timepieces too heavy a price to pay for the happiness of your loved ones??? Authorized Distributors are standing by, call now.

;-)

DJ

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just received mine from DHL.
I put it on an Ocean 7 PloProf band.
Stellar.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The lume on this thing is killer.
I don't know what the longevity is like, but initial brightness is 1st rate.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts