WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this last week on the gshock website and ordered it without a moment's thought or research. The Lego Tinker-toy colors against a black background just appealed to me. (I don't recommend this approach to watch buying or anything else in life!)

I read, after the fact, that this is a limited edition -- featuring the work of two very young NYC-based designers, Dee and Ricky, who make jewelry based on/inspired by, among other things, Legos.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2010/01/05/2010-01-05_staten_island_brothers_dee_ricky_jackson_make_lego_jewelry_thats_been_worn_by_ka.html

Here are some shots of the watch:

I was toting some files to the office this morning and treated myself to a gypsy cab. Here's a quintessential New York rainy day moment, viewed from inside that cab:

The only visual element of this watch I really don't like is the "ad" on the strap:

The LED goes all the way around the dial. I'm not sure how much that will help visibility at night, but it looks great. I have a feeling that, like the GA-100-1A, the red hands of the watch will not be visible at night.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like it its certainly deferent, A nice watch to have in any collection, would love to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Very interesting watch. I personally cant see me wearing it. I dont know why. It is an attractive G! I do like the various colors though! Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I like the caseback! I think my wife would notice if I got this watch, she thinks all my watches look alike and this one would stand out for sure! damn, that means I cant get it.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I like the caseback! I think my wife would notice if I got this watch, she thinks all my watches look alike and this one would stand out for sure! damn, that means I cant get it.

:-d :-d

·
Registered
21 Posts
The LED lighting that goes around is awesome. If it was white/bluish it'll look like Iron Man/Tony Stark's chest arc reactor...

hmmm Do it Casio collaborate with Marvel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts