WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, i've been a lurker in this forum for so long. This place is a great source of information and poison. Whenever i see some nice time piece in the shop, i would sure to do my research here, looking for feedback, picture, wrist shots etc. And as you know, the place i live in (Singapore) has a watch shop in anywhere u throw a stone. Thus, i have been a regular visitor here over the past decade.

Ok, enough of my introduction. I'm now going to return what i have get from this forum in the past. May i present to you, my latest purchase. And its a grand Seiko SBGR083 Limited edition of 700 pieces.

Well, a GS is not exactly cheap. But after going thru many of the threads in this forum, and seeing how many of you actually compare a GS with Rolex, JLC and even PP, it gives me confidence to buy this watch. The article pushes me over the edge - http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/26/fashion/26iht-acawseiko.html?_r=0

17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The documentation and boxes that came with the watch are quite nice. There is a cert (something like COSC cert) that comes with the watch.

Seiya-San sends me some catalogue in Japanese in the package -

Ok. where is the watch???

17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The size of the watch fits my small wrist pretty well. My wrist size is 6.5 inches. The weight is perfect as well. I am kind of tired of huge watches, i observed that i flip watches that are more than 42mm more. So, in terms of comfort level, i am very happy with this watch.

Many people commented the finishing of GS is superior. I tend to agree with the statement when comparing with my Speedmaster. This watch may look plain in terms of the design, but it is really kind of 'bling bling' because of the highly polished metal, very reflective face and the bing bling markers.

Lights actually runs up and down the markers as you move your watch.

Finally, i choose this limited edition because i loves some gold in my watch. In this case, the second hand and the GS wording.

Thats all i have. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Major Congrats - Grand Seiko is my Grail

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Somehow this piece came out to be exceptionally beautiful. I mean it is a GS after all ... but for such a conservative style it really pops. One of the best black lacquer dials around. At least it looks like black lacquer. I don't know what it is, but it just turned out exceptional. Lucky you and great choice! Enjoy

·
Registered
728 Posts
Beautiful

17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After wearing this one bracelet since day 1, i am exploring other strap option with the watch. Does anyone have any picture showing their classic style grand Seiko with leather or rubber?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts