WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, seeing as how much I like my 5600, I figured why not buy another "classic" G? Well, seeing as the 5500 is the cheapest route to owning a Black Dawn 25th Anniversary model, it just made sense! You guys know the features and the only thing I don't like is that the CDT goes up to 1 hour but that's ok as I don't use them that much.

I chose this model over the GW-056 as the 5500 is most likely to hold it's value/appreciate with time vs. the 056. I also like the Gold LCD on the 5500!:p

However, I've read that replacement parts are hard to come by, is this true??
If this is the case, might it be prudent to not wear this model as much as I've been wearing my 5600? While I'm not a collector as some of you all may be, I do still hope for a long life from the 5500.

Any other 5500 fans out there, how many own this model?

:thanks:-!

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Hey Nick im on the list got mine because it was a great deal at jc penny |> since then I have really come to like it :-! it has a very nice display. and the crystal protection is soooo much better than 5600. I say wear it:-! :-!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I've read about some of the deals and I have to say that those who paid less than like $60 bucks... I hate you... But not really...well kinda...well...

:p

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty excited too Kiwidj... This was the cheapest way to "get a piece" of history so to speak. Most all other 25ths are $50+ or more than this one but I can see that the 5500 wouldn't be as popular as the newer designs of the Muddy/Gulf/Froggie.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
any wrist shots Jerry?
not yet I will try and get some sat or sunday. this is a great G good looks :roll::roll: atomic solar cant beat it :-!

I plan to take some of the red GL 7500 also Pete.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I love that model but wish I could find a regular display. The gold display makes me feel sick, literally, for some reason I don't get.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I wore mine earlier this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts