WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this 2004 model limited edition of 699 pieces. It's an early calibre 2300 co-axial automatic, without shock protection I believe. It's not going to be worn when shock is known to be a potential concern. The seller is proven to be reliable, so I'm pretty excited over this one. The photo is of the actual watch.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
I found this 2004 model limited edition of 699 pieces. It's an early calibre 2300 co-axial automatic, without shock protection I believe. It's not going to be worn when shock is known to be a potential concern. The seller is proven to be reliable, so I'm pretty excited over this one. The photo is of the actual watch.
View attachment 15498198
Very cool LE, great addition to add in to rotation.
Dave

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,013 Posts
Congrats on your new De Ville. That’s a low production for sure. I look forward to the update with wrist shots and I’d love to see the caseback also :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
That's a great find, and a "true limited edition" as far as OMEGA is concerned. I'll be looking forward to more pictures as well. Congratulations and wear it in great health!!

René

Reactions: qa_ii

·
Registered
904 Posts
What a stunning watch.

Love the pie plate dial.

This one is firing on all cylinders.

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Beautiful piece, and a true pie-pan dial. I particularly love those vintage Connie-style indices -- wish they had carried those over onto the newer Globemaster.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Beautiful! I’d love to seek some wrist shots! The pie pan dial looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats!! The rose gold is stunning too (assuming that's not just my screen)
Your screen is fine. Ordinarily, I'm not a fan of rose gold, but with these early 2000's DeVilles, it works extremely well. The strap is dark brown, so adding a black one as well should make for a great "go to" smart casual to dress watch for most occasions.

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It arrived today. So far, so good. Now I'll let it run for several days.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Goodness that looks even better!! Excellent, excellent find! Congrats man!
I have to echo this sentiment...Beautiful piece! Great find, indeed! Congratulations again and enjoy it in great health.

Rene

Reactions: qa_ii

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Goodness that looks even better!! Excellent, excellent find! Congrats man!
I have to echo this sentiment...Beautiful piece! Great find, indeed! Congratulations again and enjoy it in great health.

Rene
So far, it looks to be a keeper. I'm rather thorough sometimes, so I should know for sure in a week or so. I'll try for some additional photos when that time comes. So far, it is on par for the first of two power reserve tests.

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
It is a very nice watch to wear every day. It is 39mm so it hits the sweet spot on the wrist. It is 100m water resist

I would think that even without the shock resistance, you could wear it during most daily activities (just leave it at home if you are using a jack hammer on concrete)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This never serviced sixteen year old watch is doing great under observation so far. The power reserve rating is 48 hours. It ran for 49.25 hours in the face up position for each of two tests.😁👍

·
Registered
291 Posts
Fast Fact: At one point in the novel Dracula, the eponymous vampire uses a fake name to conceal some of his real estate purchases. That name is Count DeVille. So I guess what I’m saying is, congrats on the perfect Halloween watch!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts