WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Honestly, I cannot believe it took me this long to pull the trigger on the white dialed Seamaster 300M - I am incredibly impressed by this watch.

I've tortured these forums with Seamaster questions - Is it too big; Is it like this or that; which color blue, white, green, ......you get the idea. (To all who responded : Thank you! ). Now I wonder what the heck I was waiting for....!

Snap impressions:

Fit : I am a medium-big-ish guy w/a small-ish 6.8"-7"ish wrist - kind of hard to get right. This thing is a perfect fit.

Thickness : meh. There's chatter about it being thick. Nonsense. Since so much of the thickness is broken up by the bezel, it is well balanced and wears slim to me. Similarly, helium escape valve controversy : Also "meh". It was interesting for about 2 minutes when I opened the box and I haven't given it a second thought since.

Dial : The dial is so much more interesting and off the charts legible than any video has shown me ( and I've watched them all ). It's a reason to run out and buy it now. The not-quite-white main dial against the raised bright white markers is so refreshing. I also like how the waves pop in and out of view depending on the angle.

Skeleton hands. I thought I'd be ambivalent about this, but, on wrist, I really like them - particularly on this white dial. They are so legible and it's a bit like Frank Lloyd Wright is telling the time for you.

My first day thoughts!!

Watch Tableware Drinkware Dishware Coffee cup

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
I think the white dial is my favorite on the SMP. Great piece. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
9,348 Posts
I owned the same configuration. IMO, that’s the most attractive colorway and strap for the latest Seamaster. Keen observation re: FLW/skeleton hands. I never thought of that before but now I see it.

Enjoy your Omega!

Reactions: WatchThinker

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
On the rubber strap! I like the bracelet but I think it looks better on the black strap. Excellent choice 👍
First - Jay and the folks @Topper are an amazing bunch. Even while traveling, she arranged it so that I bought the watch on bracelet, the bracelet was sized, but it shipped to me with the additional rubber strap already attached - ready for my next trip ...

Second - the black strap is very much "my style" for this watch. I really like bracelets, but Jason Heaton of The Grey Nato talked about how comfortable it is - and that's one of the things that threw me over the top to pulling the trigger. He was absolutely right.

Third - Am looking to attach an Omega mesh bracelet to the watch in the coming weeks. I think the combo would be fabulous as a bracelet option.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful watch, and this is the best dial color.

I've always liked these, but I don't like the look of the bracelet. Being a bracelet guy that took it off my list. But seeing this white dial on all these different straps has me thinking about it again.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats on your first Omega - it's a beauty!

You obviously did your homework. Omega + Topper Fine Jewelers is a Win-Win. I just picked up an orange PO from @robattopper . They are the best!
Thanks! My first Seamaster, but not my first Omega. I've been a Speedmaster devotee - over the decades my most worn watch model, though I've gone through a few of them.

Though, it's funny, for two watches that couldn't be more different, there are points of a common design language obvious even to an amateur like me. The lyre lugs; the way the main case body is divided versus monobock ( like the tudor GMT for instance ). Even the feel of the crown. Little things that I see here on day 2, that I'm sure will become more evident, once the new watch breathless excitement phase passes.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Congratulations on my 2nd favorite, current model SMP 300! I always go back and forth between the white and black dial but still prefer (and will one day get) the black dial....but if I could get two at the same time, I'd pair that black dial with the white one....just different and unique enough, like the black one...and that's just what I like. Enjoy and wear in great health!

Reactions: WatchThinker

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congratulations on my 2nd favorite, current model SMP 300! I always go back and forth between the white and black dial but still prefer (and will one day get) the black dial....but if I could get two at the same time, I'd pair that black dial with the white one....just different and unique enough, like the black one...and that's just what I like. Enjoy and wear in great health!
i hear you - this is an odd watch that really shifts a lot with the dial color….

·
Registered
10,266 Posts
Beautiful watch. If, just IF omega would do two things... 1) change the scalloped bezel to a coin edge design and 2) a different set of hands. Example, the hand set from the 2254.50. In fact, the 2254 is one of the finest and sharpest designed watches of all time. Just needed a few dial color variants, white, aquamarine, a yellow and I'd keep the scalloped bezel.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts