WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Honestly, I cannot believe it took me this long to pull the trigger on the white dialed Seamaster 300M - I am incredibly impressed by this watch.

I've tortured these forums with Seamaster questions - Is it too big; Is it like this or that; which color blue, white, green, ......you get the idea. (To all who responded : Thank you! ). Now I wonder what the heck I was waiting for....!

Snap impressions:

Fit : I am a medium-big-ish guy w/a small-ish 6.8"-7"ish wrist - kind of hard to get right. This thing is a perfect fit.

Thickness : meh. There's chatter about it being thick. Nonsense. Since so much of the thickness is broken up by the bezel, it is well balanced and wears slim to me. Similarly, helium escape valve controversy : Also "meh". It was interesting for about 2 minutes when I opened the box and I haven't given it a second thought since.

Dial : The dial is so much more interesting and off the charts legible than any video has shown me ( and I've watched them all ). It's a reason to run out and buy it now. The not-quite-white main dial against the raised bright white markers is so refreshing. I also like how the waves pop in and out of view depending on the angle.

Skeleton hands. I thought I'd be ambivalent about this, but, on wrist, I really like them - particularly on this white dial. They are so legible and it's a bit like Frank Lloyd Wright is telling the time for you.

My first day thoughts!!

View attachment 16802666
Beautiful! I want one!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Beautiful watch. If, just IF omega would do two things... 1) change the scalloped bezel to a coin edge design and 2) a different set of hands. Example, the hand set from the 2254.50. In fact, the 2254 is one of the finest and sharpest designed watches of all time. Just needed a few dial color variants, white, aquamarine, a yellow and I'd keep the scalloped bezel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As an owner of the first Bond version with white dual and steel bezel I totally dig your choice. The contrast is perfect. Heirloom quality to boot.
Over the 20 plus years my Omega was just beat to hell and it had a cracked crystal which leaked for years. I sent it to Omega 2019) for a full service, new face and hands, etc. It now looks like new and it is just like an old friend on my wrist.
Omega’s service was just fantastic. I just added the Heritage 300 in black. With out mentioning another brand I will say that Omega is second to none!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Honestly, I cannot believe it took me this long to pull the trigger on the white dialed Seamaster 300M - I am incredibly impressed by this watch.

I've tortured these forums with Seamaster questions - Is it too big; Is it like this or that; which color blue, white, green, ......you get the idea. (To all who responded : Thank you! ). Now I wonder what the heck I was waiting for....!

Snap impressions:

Fit : I am a medium-big-ish guy w/a small-ish 6.8"-7"ish wrist - kind of hard to get right. This thing is a perfect fit.

Thickness : meh. There's chatter about it being thick. Nonsense. Since so much of the thickness is broken up by the bezel, it is well balanced and wears slim to me. Similarly, helium escape valve controversy : Also "meh". It was interesting for about 2 minutes when I opened the box and I haven't given it a second thought since.

Dial : The dial is so much more interesting and off the charts legible than any video has shown me ( and I've watched them all ). It's a reason to run out and buy it now. The not-quite-white main dial against the raised bright white markers is so refreshing. I also like how the waves pop in and out of view depending on the angle.

Skeleton hands. I thought I'd be ambivalent about this, but, on wrist, I really like them - particularly on this white dial. They are so legible and it's a bit like Frank Lloyd Wright is telling the time for you.

My first day thoughts!!

View attachment 16802666
An excellent choice - congratulations. Now, after seeing your photo, white is my favorite Seamaster color option.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where can I buy that strap?
That strap is a ToxicNATO Schiznit. ToxicNATO is now UTE (because of the guy who sues anyone who uses NATO) and I think they are only sold new by Hodinkee. To the best of my knowledge the Schiznit is no longer available new; they only have the basic style in the store. You might be able to find them used at times, but I haven't gone looking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My white dialed SMP is my most expensive watch. I just love it, and I make sure I wear it...so as to not just be a safe queen. I enjoy the bracelet on it and have never really given much thought to changing it, but I have to admit that white and black NATO in an earlier post looks very nice!

Congrats on a fantastic choice...enjoy!!!

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
Great watch (y) :cool:.
love it on black rubber strap. and more so on Red.
congratulation. wear it Well.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
First time on the Bracelet.

I had bought the White dialed 300M on bracelet and also ordered the black strap at the time. Topper was kind enough to size the bracelet, but deliver it me, at my request, on the rubber strap. I just swapped the rubber with the bracelet this morning.

I wasn't sure what to expect. I've read lots of comments about the 300M bracelet being uncomfortable due to a lack of taper, or having a bit of "bling" about it.

It is very early days ( hours really), but I'm having a very different, positive reaction. So far, I find it is extremely comfortable on my not-quite 7" wrist. I found no hot spots and the links contour wonderfully to my wrist. The bracelet dresses the watch up a bit from the strap- but only marginally. It is still well within the black polo and jeans aesthetic I'm wearing today- not too blinged up for me. This is my first experience w/the Omega glide-lock-like system - and my snap impression is that it is first rate. The action on it smoother than the Rolex and the total length is great, even generous. The white face, which I was worried would get lost with all that stainless steel around it, still "pops".

If I had one qualm, it is with the bigger-than-I-would-like-but-still-fine clasp. The closing "click" takes a little more pressure then I'd have expected - though I wonder if that won't change in a few days, once I've opened and closed it a bunch.

With the caveat that I've only worn it on a few hours and bracelets take a bit of time to settle in - I'm having a hard time understanding the negativity about the bracelet.

Watch Tableware Coffee cup Drinkware Analog watch

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Watch enthusiasts can be remarkably picayune about their likes and dislikes, particularly with Omega’s styling and engineering decisions. The Diver 300M bracelet doesn’t taper (very common complaint) and some watch nerds don‘t care for the 90s styling. It’s all too easy to second guess Omega or any manufacturer (the vitriol towards the Tudor bracelet faux rivets is particularly whiny, in my opinion), but the most important thing is how it works for you.

I wear all my watches on straps instead of bracelets because I don’t like the extra weight. On a bracelet, the Seamaster is 179 grams (sized for my 7-1/4” wrist) vs. 110 grams on the OEM rubber strap. I think I’m in the minority compared to most enthusiasts, but I like what I like. I think the Omega bracelet is just fine as is.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

21 - 40 of 45 Posts