Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
F E A T U R E S
MANUFACTURER: Tissot , Switzerland
MODEL: Tissot
CONDITION: NEW OLD STOCK
MECHANISM : Manual 17 jewels cal 709 , Swiss
SIZE : 26 x 26 MM (without crown) - 34 MM (lug to lug)
DIAL : Original , silver color (dial shows sign of time)
CASE : Original (nickel plated)
BACKCASE : Original (stainless steel )
CROWN : Original (not signed)
HANDS : Original
STRAP/BRACELET : Original 18mm signed black leather strap (According to seller. We can all see that it isn't)
CRYSTAL : Original (plastic)

(Sellers Pictures)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Quite a nice piece but now you will acquire all the nice Tissots and leave nothing but the dregs for the rest of us:-d

Enjoy your sporty new acquisition.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite a nice piece but now you will acquire all the nice Tissots and leave nothing but the dregs for the rest of us:-d

Enjoy your sporty new acquisition.
This was such was a great price, and than the seller accepted my best offer. There was no way to let this one go. There are quite a few left for the rest of WUS. b-)

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
...There are quite a few left for the rest of WUS. b-)
If you set a snag line in the 'Bay, almost anything will eventually turn up.

If it is common, some of the auctions will be low just from the statistical spread. If it is uncommon, the market often does not know what is there. And it is priced accordingly.

Patience and persistence pay. But only if directed by knowledge.

To this Tissot... I can't tell the calibre or size but I suspect this is one of the 17 jeweled winders Tissot made themselves.

... the strap is a bit strange for the watch.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you set a snag line in the 'Bay, almost anything will eventually turn up.

If it is common, some of the auctions will be low just from the statistical spread. If it is uncommon, the market often does not know what is there. And it is priced accordingly.

Patience and persistence pay. But only if directed by knowledge.

To this Tissot... I can't tell the calibre or size but I suspect this is one of the 17 jeweled winders Tissot made themselves.

... the strap is a bit strange for the watch.
It's a Tissot calibre 709. I admit the strap does look strange, but according to the seller it is original. I think what the seller meant is it is an original Tissot strap. The strap seems to be in to good of a condition for being over 30 years old. I am more than likely going to switch the strap out for something different; I will have to see how I feel when I get the watch.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Another Tissot Mr EG??? I was right then!! lol :-d

Not seen this particular model before, but quite like it, and without looking in my book or on Dr Ranffts site, can't date it either.

The strap is from the PR range, but the seller probably put it on because it said Tissot on it :roll: keep that for when you buy a vintage PR, which won't be long at this rate ;-)

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another Tissot Mr EG??? I was right then!! lol :-d

Not seen this particular model before, but quite like it, and without looking in my book or on Dr Ranffts site, can't date it either.

The strap is from the PR range, but the seller probably put it on because it said Tissot on it :roll: keep that for when you buy a vintage PR, which won't be long at this rate ;-)
I kind of figured the strap wasn't NOS. I've only seen this strap on the PR's. However, I don't mind the watch was still a decent price.

·
Moderator Public Forum
21,950 Posts
I really like the square case with beveled edges. Yeah, the large perforated racing strap probably went on something sportier, but it still looks good. Congtats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts