WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally pounced on my "grail".

Omega PO 2500 42mm 2901.50.81 for $2500

Watch appears in near-new condition. Has the 2500c movement.

I chose the 2500 over 8500 due to case thickness and well, affordability. Plus the watch looks, via pictures mind you, to be in excellent condition. I will probably take it to my local watchmaker and have it cleaned up to look as fresh as possible.

Then I will wear the hell out of it.

Daily wear at work (in a trauma center/ER so lots of blood and gook), to the beach, to weddings, funerals, birthdays.

This will be my go everywhere, do anything watch.

So my question is, other than the basics, what should I expect from this fine piece of horological awesomeness?

Anything I really, truly should not do with it?

Can't wait to join the Omega club!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase, may you get many years of enjoyment with your PO.

I think your new Planet Ocean should hold up very well in the environments/occasions you mentioned. I think Planet Oceans are very sturdy despite their good looks. I wear my POCs quite a lot and don't baby them at all. I would argue that any watch in the PO line could serve as a daily wearer for the vast majority of professions with the exception of something like construction. That said I suppose you may also have to be careful if at your hospital you spend a lot of time around machines that emit strong magnetic fields (I am just guessing here) however I am sure some other members know more about magnetic fields and their effects on automatic watches than I do.

At any rate congrats again and make sure to post a couple of pics when you are able :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Congratulations on your Grail!

"Then I will wear the hell out of it. "

That's all you need to know !! Enjoy the hell out of it at the same time.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Congrats on the new PO 2500. I have the "C" version as well and it hasn't missed a beat since I purchased it new in 2011. Beautiful timepiece that should bring you years of enjoyment. Wear in good health!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Other than dropping it from a great height onto a hard floor you should be pretty much be able to do anything with it. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Congrats, great purchase! I look forward to some wrist shots.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats, and nice choice!!! I have a 2500C as well (just acquired in December), and like you - I am wearing the hell out of it!!

DO read the manual (the English instructions are only a few pages..won't take long). There are a few interesting notes about things that your watch won't like. Some say that pressure-testing is advised regularly as long as you're wearing it in water (I don't know what "regularly" means..once a year?). This testing is recommended even if you don't have the watch fully serviced. Seems sage advice to me.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Never wipe the AR crystal when dirty, you will scratch it. Clean it often with dish soap like Dawn. Keep a diluted mix of the stuff in a pump bottle by your sink, it also works great with glasses. Not only will your PO gleam but the bracelet or rubber strap will last longer. Always dry watch over a soft surface like a towel. The forum is littered with watches being dropped on tile or wood floors. Everyone knows better but its always that one time when it happens.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
You've got a great watch there. Congrats on your Planet Ocean!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Congrats! I was sending my Speedy pro in for service on Fri at my AD and they had a NOS PO 2500c. Needless to say, I left with it. Came with bracelet and alligator strap. I love this watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
BIG Congrats. I'm loving my 45mm 2500D on bracelet and Omega rubber.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've had mine four plus years. running as smooth as when I first bought it. Great watch and very comfortable. I picked up an Omega OEM rubber strap with deployant which makes it even more comfortable to wear.

image.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts