WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow. The anticipation. b-)

FedEx is scheduled to make an important delivery tomorrow, one that I never believed was possible. I'm having one of those "what to do while you wait for your Omega" evenings.

This is going to be a really, really good one and I cannot wait.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Re: Incoming: One very special Omega

OK, Eric, so you decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the new PloProf after all, didn't you. ;-)

You lucky devil! :-!

Fr. John†

·
Registered
168 Posts

I know the feeling. What I usually do is around this time, I call FedEx with my tracking number and tell them to put a hold on my package when it gets to my local sort facility. So instead of playing the waiting game waiting all day for the delivery, I just go around 8:30 in the morning to my local FedEx facility and pick it up personally and get on with my day. :-!

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

Nothing like bowel-quivering anticipation to make a Friday drag on forever. :-d

Looking forward to pics of the mystery piece, Eric!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts

I know the feeling. What I usually do is around this time, I call FedEx with my tracking number and tell them to put a hold on my package when it gets to my local sort facility. So instead of playing the waiting game waiting all day for the delivery, I just go around 8:30 in the morning to my local FedEx facility and pick it up personally and get on with my day. :-!
Brilliant! But at the same time I enjoy the wait...it doesn't happen very often so I savor that anticipation...it's like a drug b-)

What is it eric !! :-d

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

FedEx is scheduled to make an important delivery tomorrow, one that I never believed was possible. I'm having one of those "what to do while you wait for your Omega" evenings.

Regards,
Eric
Is it a ploprof?? Friday is a brutal day for deliveries because if they don't deliver as they should, it s along 3 day wait. I find that the more I want a watch to arrive, the more likely it is that it doesn't.

I'll do a "Fedex On-Time Dance" for ya, maybe the courier gods will obey.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Well, it's Friday and the FedEx tracking indicates that my extremely desirable new Omega is en route and on time. I hope this one stays the course, unlike one other Friday delivery that was delayed due to delivery errors!

It will be a long but hopefully rewarding day.

I'm still in a state of astonishment and disbelief, like any moment someone will wake me from this wonderful dream.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
3,384 Posts

;-)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Is it a Railmaster?... well, it was worth a try. You're not gonna tell us, are ya?
Fr. John set the standard for these dramatic posts that keep everyone on the edge of their seats for a day or two, so I reckon I'll follow suit. ;-)

Nice guess. I will give one small hint. My incoming special prize is NOT a vintage Omega.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
5,546 Posts

Regards,
Eric
I know the feeling. The wait has never been longer. Keeping busy is the remedy. Will be a nice reward indeed when it arrives. But Pics, or it diddnt happen :-d

·
Registered
63 Posts

Tell us this: Does the wife know about the incoming.. or will you have to wear it on the sneak for a few days?

:)

Mb

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Tell us this: Does the wife know about the incoming.. or will you have to wear it on the sneak for a few days?

:)

Mb
She has some notion of this, but doesn't really understand the watch thing and keeps calling me "obsessed." :-!

The afternoon of torment has commenced. Given that the tracking indicates the delivery is scheduled to arrive before 3 pm, I came home at lunchtime and working from home this afternoon. I live on a very quiet street and can hear the big trucks coming easily. In the past 30 minutes, the recycling truck came and UPS as well. No FedEx. Latest update on the tracking is this:

Oct 16, 2009 8:01 AM
At local FedEx facility

I can't place a direct call there and calling the 1-800# is too general, so I'm doing my best to stay busy and not pace the floor...but the anticipation is killing me!

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
7,979 Posts

Hey, Eric!

USPS has delivered my strap already and "baby" is already wearing it.

What's the hold up with FedEx?

Fr. John†

1 - 20 of 51 Posts