WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
14401 - 14420 of 14447 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

I accidentaly bought a Bulova Lunar Pilot Special Edition. I bought it through an auction and it was hanging at less than $300. I expected it would go in the $350+ range so I threw a low bid at it and ended up winning. I wanted one but figured Black Friday might provide a better deal. I'm happy with it.

I'm not a quartz guy but the high frequency version offered in this model is rather interesting. An accuracy rate of +/-10 seconds per year is nothing to sneeze at. A second watch in the collection that I can grab and go if I am in a hurry.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you’re French, into automotive racing and grew up in the mid to late 60s, you’ll know who Michel Vaillant is… View attachment 16242576 This is his
Arm Sleeve Gesture Cartoon Art
Hand Arm Human body Cartoon Neck

I don't know Michel Vaillant but I do know Sterling Archer. They may be the same guy. Sterling drinks a lot but that doesn't stop him from driving. His voice actor does all the ads for Hardees.

·
Registered
82 Posts
On my door step this morning....

View attachment 16244170

View attachment 16244171

View attachment 16244172

View attachment 16244175

View attachment 16244176

View attachment 16244177

View attachment 16244179

View attachment 16244180

Checking the last radio sync was 9/4 or 74 days ago and it is minus 14 seconds now......so about minus 0.18 seconds per day with no correction updates, should get one tonight. Operates just like GWG mudmasters but buttons are easier to push.
Super cool...

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Bulova arrived today. It's big, as expected, but I was most surprised by the detailing. I've looked at some much pricier watches and found painted on graphics. This thing looks a lot better than I was expecting
Watch Analog watch White Light Blue

.The subdials are inset into the dial and have circular ribbing, almost like a vinyl record. The inset ring just inboard from the tachymeter circle has the same inset and ribbing. The indices are all applied. I feel like for a quartz watch it is really quite nice. Now I just need to find a strap that adds to the appearance but not the size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It showed up today! Kind of disappointed because it was supposed to be new in box, but came in a different box with no paperwork. But I messaged the seller to see how they want to handle this.

Now on to the watch! The first thing I did was swap the mesh band to a brown leather band, just like it a bit better that way. It's smaller than I expected, but in a good way. I don't have any newer watched and had a hard time judging what 40mm looks like, specially judging people's wrists. I measured my wrist at 7.5", which seems a bit larger than many I saw posted while looking. The watch is a 50th Anniversary for Alpine Dieppe race cars and has Dieppe engraved on the side. I didn't realize this until I got the watch, it wasn't clearly stated or pictured anywhere that I noticed, but I don't mind the flair. I set the time and will see how well it's adjusted.

I'm not sure how my wife feels about the new addiction, but she likes the watch! Haha.
Watch Hand Arm Photograph Analog watch

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Grey

Watch Fluid Finger Drink Liquid

14401 - 14420 of 14447 Posts