WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This forum is dangerous to a mans wallet!o|

I've been sucker punched by the sheer volume of stunning watches over the last few months, so much so, that I bought another divers last night. Thats two in four days:rodekaart

I was browsing the 'bay last night, and found a watch I've been looking for for a while now, one I've never seen in the wild or on a wrist shot. Seiko's 7C46-6009 600 Metre. I posted about this watch on both here and two Seiko forums (including WUS), and found that the watch was seldom seen by other Seiko enthusiasts. The only decent pictures I've seen are from two owners sites, Tokunaga's and Jayhawk's. I love a rounded case. From the moment I saw it a year or so ago, I wanted one.

Well, this one is mine:-!

The condition obviously isn't great, but I'm going to send it off to Seiko UK, as soon as I get it to see what they can do. The wait is on now, and I don't think I'll see it before the new year. So, I'll just have to get by with the SBBN007, until it arrives!

All the best and thanks for looking,

Alex

S

·
0 Posts
Cool piece, you dont see that one around very often. Congrats! :)

Will be interesting to hear what Seiko UK can do with it, please keep us posted.

/Stefan

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Stefan.

I have a 1968 world time model from Seiko, and I asked them a few weeks ago if they could give it a refresher. They said to me that they can service all vintage timepieces sent to them, parts permitting etc.. So, its promising. I'd love to see this one looking like new.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
heart-breakingly awesome Fats!!!|>

coolest seiko on the forum yet IMHO, and you know how I am with quartz+day/date.......

TOTALLY jealous, that thing is just the berrieso|o|o|o|o|o|

congrats, good eye!...........guess its back to that museum link you posted....

you win, Amigo:-d:-d:-d:-d. Phenomenal!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Good snag Alex |>

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks UM! There are a couple of original Tuna can's washing around on ebay, that carry a similar movement to this one....

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Excellent Fat's! Looking foward to seeing it all new looking! Nice style. Great dial. John Wilson.

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
This is one of my favorite, vintage Seiko divers. Congratulations! b-)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Gents;-) The SBBN007 saga continues, however. It was supposed to arrive today, but it looks like I won't be seeing it 'till Thursday, owing to a cock-up by Royal Mailo|o|o|

Rest assured there will be photo's posted when it arrives.

Alex;-)

·
Registered
201 Posts
How come they have made such a mess of it? :-s

The Connie f300 that I bought in Oz has been sent via Auspost and I got a note in the post saying it was at the local depot and all I have to do is go down and pay 22 quid...

Dale

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The idiot I spoke to on Friday mucked up the listing on their system, changing it to Collected instead of re-deliver. What a knob-end. Anyway, now the London depot are telling me they won't release it without Anna's permission, as the package is in her nameo|o|o|

Thus, they will only deliver it to her, at work...I love this sort of sh*t, just brightens up your day.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That is a very cool looking rig. I want one!

I especially like that design for the big indents on the bezel. Looks like you could easily grab it with numb fingers or thick gloves. Someone did a good rethink on the tired and true bezel shape. Fantastic rounded shape to the case too.

Outstanding score Fatty. :-! Sure hope it gets to you soon and I look forward to some pics once you get her cleaned up a bit.

Only problem is . . . Every other b*gger on this forum is going to be looking out for one now. DANG!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers wintermutt! If you haven't seen Tokunaga's site, have a butchers at it...

http://www.tokunaga.ne.jp/en/museum/list.html

Tokunaga San was the designer of this watch and many of the other divers you'll see there. I can't wait for it to arrive, even in the condition its in. The seller mailed me today and told me it should take about 2 weeks, not counting customs clearance over here...which can be long as shown by the late arrival of the SBBN007.

Alex:)

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Cheers wintermutt! If you haven't seen Tokunaga's site, have a butchers at it...

http://www.tokunaga.ne.jp/en/museum/list.html

Tokunaga San was the designer of this watch and many of the other divers you'll see there. I can't wait for it to arrive, even in the condition its in. The seller mailed me today and told me it should take about 2 weeks, not counting customs clearance over here...which can be long as shown by the late arrival of the SBBN007.

Alex:)
LOL I tried to take a butchers Alex , but there is some serious time needed to really view all of them WOW, What a collection.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts