WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, I've lurked from afar for many moons now ("afar" being the Dive watches forum, and "many moons" being as long as I've been on WUS...), and finally, I'm pleased to say that I will be joining your storied ranks.

I've searched high and low for my grail -- namely, the black dialed B-1 SuperQuartz -- and ultimately despaired of ever finding one. Seriously, this thing is rarer than hen's teeth on the boards. And when this rare bird did deign to pop up on the sales forums, usually I was too late, or too poor to capitalize on the moment. What of eBay, you say? I trust it for finding rare Don Ho recordings, but little else. And so I waited...

In the meantime, many a stout-hearted watch came and went. The Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon GMT, the Panerai 112, the Kobold SEAL, the Ikepod Seaslug... All worthy timepieces to be sure, yet none offering the functionality or accuracy of the B-1.

Well, I shall despair no more. :) Details are forthcoming, but it's enough to say that one of these beauties shall soon be gracing my unworthy wrist.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and thank those of you who have posted pics of your B-1s over the years. You'll never know just how much comfort you provided a poor, lost soul...

Regards,
Adam

PS - Pics to come...

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Congrats, Adam!

I'm receiving a Breitling tomorrow myself. Can't wait!!! :-!

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats, Adam!

I'm receiving a Breitling tomorrow myself. Can't wait!!! :-!
Gee Paul, why do I get the impression that yours is going to be able to go a whole lot deeper under water than mine? :think:

But seriously, congrats buddy -- can't wait to see the pics!

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Gee Paul, why do I get the impression that yours is going to be able to go a whole lot deeper under water than mine? :think:

But seriously, congrats buddy -- can't wait to see the pics!

Regards,
Adam
Thanks! Getting a Chrono Avenger |>

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, can a resident expert tell me what the lug size is on the B-1? I'd like to order some NATOs for it (black and olive drab) from Broadarrow.

Thanks!

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hey, can a resident expert tell me what the lug size is on the B-1? I'd like to order some NATOs for it (black and olive drab) from Broadarrow.

Thanks!

Regards,
Adam
22mm.

I just ordered a black NATO G10 for mine last night.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
22mm.

I just ordered a black NATO G10 for mine last night.
Thanks for the quick reply, Greaves -- I'm going to order black, desert tan, and olive drab.

And to B-1 owners in general, if anyone would care to post a pic of their beauty to tide me over until mine arrives on Monday, by all means feel free to do so (read: B-1 pics, please!).

Regards,
Adam

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,543 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, Greaves -- I'm going to order black, desert tan, and olive drab.

And to B-1 owners in general, if anyone would care to post a pic of their beauty to tide me over until mine arrives on Monday, by all means feel free to do so (read: B-1 pics, please!).

Regards,
Adam
Hi, Adam. I'm certain you will enjoy changing the look of your B-1 every so often. Lots of fun and like getting a new watch every time you do it! ;-) :-!
Best,
Ron

PS. Oh, you wanted to see a few different "looks"... ;-)

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Wow", indeed... :p

Great pics, Ron! In particular, I remember seeing this one before (it's one of the shots that convinced me that I absolutely had to have a B-1 |>).

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, Don!

Needless to say, your pics have been a corrupting influence on me as well, Don (to say nothing of your fantastic B-1 reference website). In fact, I kept a shot of your slate gray B-1 mounted on the Desert Sand NATO on my desktop for quite a while.

Yup, this has been a long time coming for me... :roll:

Regards,
Adam

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,543 Posts
Great news Adam! Many congrats on finding this rare bird.
Cheers,
Don
Hi, Don. Good to see you this morning. Hope all is well with you and Agathe. I really enjoyed your post a few days ago with pics of your visit here to Texas to see me. :-! Thanks for sharing. :thanks

BTW, when it comes to Ebay buying, I have been most fortunate when I snagged really, really excellent bargains on Breitlings from a seller like the one on the link posted below. Because the B-1 is arguably the world's greatest tool watch and should be worn every day if possible, accoutrements such as box and papers are great to have but not necessary to enjoy the piece for what it is. More often than not, these Ebay sellers who are pawn or resale shops have picked up a watch for a dirt cheap price and will let it go for a low price as long as they make a little profit. A bit unusual that this particular seller set a reserve price but even so, I'll bet this black dial Superquartz B-1 without box/papers can be snagged for a heck of a deal. I may even bid on it myself to resell it since boxes are easily acquired. C'mon guys, we need one of our members to grab this one and join the ranks... ;-) :-!
Best,
Ron

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360198668049&_trkparms=tab=Watching

PS. Oh, and while we're at it, don't forget this thread from our "Images" section above this forum....

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=5426

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Because the B-1 is arguably the world's greatest tool watch and should be worn every day if possible, accoutrements such as box and papers are great to have but not necessary to enjoy the piece for what it is.
Yeah, if it's a watch that I intend to keep and put through its paces, I couldn't care less about boxes and papers. All they do is sit in the closet, while the watch is either on my wrist or in the watch box.

As for the B-1 in question (looks like a slate dial, methinks), doubtless it will go for a song to one very lucky bidder.

Congrats Adam. I know you've been after one for a while. :-!

Look forward to the pics. . . well, sort of considering you are taking the pics. :-d

Kev.
Uh, thanks, Kev...

Sort of (jerk).

;-)

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Re: Thanks, Don!

It seems i am not the only one that has used Don's pics to keep them going while awaitng the arrival of a B1.

I used to own a blue dial B1 and have always regretted parting with it, although i think i made a mistake going for the blue dial model.

Now i have a slate grey model, which i can safely say is staying put and will be WELL cared for. It is also a lot more versatile regarding strap options.

Here are two on the olive Nato, but it also has, black and grey Nato, black and brown Breitling calf, Diver Pro and of course, the Fighter Bracelet.

Congratulations on finding your B1 and look forward to your pics.

Nick

1 - 20 of 30 Posts