WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I went and bought another watch. :-d. Like I needed one more....

It's got a cushion case (check) is retro styled (check) has quite a pedigreed dive history (check). It is a modern "reissue" of an older watch (check) and is part of a limited edition production run (check). It's 1000m WR (check). Thing unusual about it (for me) is.......

it's NOT a Doxa!

More in a couple days (why isn't the mail faster? :-d). Stay tuned, and Watch This Space :-!.

Oh, did I mention I am stoked?

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Okay, I went and bought another watch. :-d. Like I needed one more....

It's got a cushion case (check) is retro styled (check) has quite a pedigreed dive history (check). It is a modern "reissue" of an older watch (check) and is part of a limited edition production run (check). It's 1000m WR (check). Thing unusual about it (for me) is.......

it's NOT a Doxa!

More in a couple days (why isn't the mail faster? :-d). Stay tuned, and Watch This Space :-!.

Oh, did I mention I am stoked?
T Bone!!!! I can't believe you are going to leave us hanging. I was getting all stoked up for some great pics and then,,,,,WHAM!! Not even what kind it is...........

C'mon, at least give us a few more hints.........

I feel like I am back in High School and a pretty girl walks by and smiles and then she is gone...............:oops:

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
Sounds like a DS-3!
That's what I was thinking......Certina. So, T.....did you get the standard model or the chronograph?:-d

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
if it's the DE 3, just don't change those hands....

they really make that watch unique! If I see another set of plongeur hands (unless it's an Omega Ploprof) I'm gonna puke.
DW

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
:-x

jclevoy said:
T Bone!!!! I can't believe you are going to leave us hanging. I was getting all stoked up for some great pics and then,,,,,WHAM!! Not even what kind it is...........

C'mon, at least give us a few more hints.........

I feel like I am back in High School and a pretty girl walks by and smiles and then she is gone...............:oops:
Hmm, sort of thought I gave it away in the first post..... BTW, she asked me to give you a note. It reads "it has a black face, and is quite rare, especially in the 'States". She'll see you in home room b-).

Subkrawler said:
That's what I was thinking......Certina. So, T.....did you get the standard model or the chronograph?:-d
I'd probably go for a T-Graph before the DS-3 Chrono..... ;-)

Duffy0401 said:
T-Bone

You have to tell us What you got. :-!

I got shafted on a Aquadive 1000 for my wife yesterday. I tried to win it on Ebay. My bid was just a little to low. Did I mention I hate Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUADIVE-1000-WO...QQcmdZViewItem
Sorry to hear about the Aquadive. I know eBay can be really frustrating (and I HATE the new hidden bidder policy on anything of significant value). But I've learned to love eBay, even buy my cars there now. I buy LOTS of stuff there. But not this watch ;-).

Sounds like a DS-3!
Not saying. But if I were, It'd probably sound like.....

:think: Did I say that out loud? :oops:

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Lol... well, I really sort of like the stock hands on a DS-3. I'm told they can also easily be changed back, but at least the second hand I really like. The minute hand is okay. The hour hand might just be able to grow on me.....

(This from a guy who swapped dials/movements in a Pro and a MilShark? :-d BTW, do you still have the MilPro? Not seen a pic of it in a looonng time!).

·
Registered
349 Posts
T,

Congratulations! Can't wait to see it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts