WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased what David Boettcher refers to as a double case hermetic wrist watch. The case has the inscription "Double Boitier". It runs but is sadly incomplete and no doubt in need of attention. Images below. It is missing the press on crystal ring and case back. Hallmarks as follows. Opposed "F"s, would indicate Glasgow. Has a lower case "e" which suggests post-Great War. Movement as yet un-identified.

I understand it is a long shot but if there is anyone that may be able to assist with a compatible, if not absolutely appropriate, missing crystal ring and case back communication on this would be most welcome. Based on my measurements the internal diameter of the ring and case back would be 24mm. Any other information that might be helpful as regards the movement identification etc also appreciated.

View attachment 12961139 View attachment 12961141 View attachment 12961143 View attachment 12961145 View attachment 12961147

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,638 Posts
Incomplete "double boitier" hermetic watch

The Swiss patent on that case was granted in May 1921 to Jean Finger. Hallmark indicates case (and watch) imported in 1927.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Incomplete "double boitier" hermetic watch

Dear Hartmut and Mirius, thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts