WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really, really like my 100M Incursore. Considering it was the next thing to an impulse buy, I could hardly have found a watch that suits me better as a daily wearer in terms of looks and utility.

But now I'm curious to know more about it. Can anybody out there tell me more about the history of the model/design?...when it originated and what its intended purpose is supposed to be? I know Glycine specializes in military style watches, but I don't quite see the Incursore in this light...

Thanks in advance for any info... [it would sure be nice if Glycine had this sort of story on their website...].

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I agree it would be nice if Glycine had a bit more about the heritage of their watches. Truth is I really don't know if the Incursore design was based on a vintage dial / design, if it was I haven't seen one in the seven or so years I have been following Glycine.

Glycine say that this was their first "big watch" and believe it was responsible for triggering the trend for big watches; quite a claim!

One of Glycine's problems with all things heritage is that several years ago there were big floods in central Europe and Glycine lost all their records and most of their historical timepieces

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Glycine say that this was their first "big watch" and believe it was responsible for triggering the trend for big watches; quite a claim!
Indeed...I recall reading this somewhere, and it would be nice to have some documentary evidence to back it up. There are certainly a lot of watches currently being made that resemble the Incursore to some extent, but it would be nice to know which came first. It would be a marvelous thing if a relatively obscure company can trigger a trend this way...

Can you tell me if the Panerai Marine Divers have been around longer than the Incursore? The dial design seems somewhat similar, as well as the size... Weren't the Panerais a WW2 product?

One of Glycine's problems with all things heritage is that several years ago there were big floods in central Europe and Glycine lost all their records and most of their historical timepieces
Ouch...I hate it when things like that happen. I suppose we should be glad that the company survived at all. Thanks for the info, however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts