WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Looking for recommendations for independent watch service/repair to service a SD 16600.

I’m familiar with Time Care Inc and Rolliworks although I’ve never worked with them. Any thoughts on them or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I’m in South Florida and anyone local would be great!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
685 Posts
Can't help with a Florida recommendation, but I can recommend TWBG in California. Does only Rolex, has reasonable prices, a Rolex parts account, and has a 5 year warranty on service.

·
Premium Member
11,515 Posts
I’ve heard very good reviews of Los Angeles WatchWorks. Perhaps Moderator @Jason71 will chime in as he has personal experience with the company.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't help with a Florida recommendation, but I can recommend TWBG in California. Does only Rolex, has reasonable prices, a Rolex parts account, and has a 5 year warranty on service.
The Watch Buyers Group that is?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
This is like asking what's the best steak restaurant in New York City?

There are lots and lots of discussions touting favorite independent watch repair shops with many names coming up in the outstanding column time after time.

If you want local Florida, the Time Care is a great choice. There are likely others in Florida that can find recommended users.

There's a side issue with the Sea Dweller about being able to pressure test to that watch's maximum depth in many of the shops that are not Rolex Service Centers. I don't own the SD, so it's never been an issue with me, and most of the recommended shops can test to a deep reading, but you may want to be aware of that final test if it's important to you for depth certification.

Just do some extensive searching on the forum and see what others have experienced. You probably can't go wrong if you pick one of the recommended shops, make a call, have a chat and commit to walking it in or sending it off.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is like asking what's the best steak restaurant in New York City?

There are lots and lots of discussions touting favorite independent watch repair shops with many names coming up in the outstanding column time after time.

If you want local Florida, the Time Care is a great choice. There are likely others in Florida that can find recommended users.

There's a side issue with the Sea Dweller about being able to pressure test to that watch's maximum depth in many of the shops that are not Rolex Service Centers. I don't own the SD, so it's never been an issue with me, and most of the recommended shops can test to a deep reading, but you may want to be aware of that final test if it's important to you for depth certification.

Just do some extensive searching on the forum and see what others have experienced. You probably can't go wrong if you pick one of the recommended shops, make a call, have a chat and commit to walking it in or sending it off.
Thanks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
For Rolex there are only two service centers. RSC New York and RSC Dallas. Have never trusted any of my Rolexes to anyone but the people that made them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Banned
73 Posts
I would echo sending them to Rolex, at the end of the day the few $$ extra is worth it. If something goes wrong they can fix or resolve the issue. Lastly most don't service their Rolex like a car so cost per service wear is really cheap. There are a lot of watch service folks that say only send it in when it stops working or loses time, no benefit to do it before. What you should do annually is to check the seals and you should be set, unless you drop it or it starts running funny. Also my take is you spend money on the watch, why skimp on the service.

·
Registered
130 Posts
For Rolex there are only two service centers. RSC New York and RSC Dallas. Have never trusted any of my Rolexes to anyone but the people that made them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I have to agree with this. I've been burnt by several independents over the years that were (other) forum favourites - damaged hands, keeping hold of vintage hands in one case, damaged dial , scratched crystal, hands falling off after a day etc! One even told me the watch movement was serviced during repair of a bracelet, as I had requested - the movement hadn't been touched when I had it checked by someone else when the same issues kept appearing.

I'm sure Rolex make mistakes too, but they come back with decent after service warranty, and anyone nervous about them changing valuable dials/hands etc. can just tell them not to. Here in the UK at least they are happy to perform movement service only (although they do love polishing, and you may have to remind them not to!).

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am really starting to get sick of San Francisco's $16 sandwich shops, $5 coffees, and $20 "artisanal" burgers etc. They charge high prices because they know they can. Got an estimate to service my Explorer II and was quoted $1200 from an AD who ships it to Rolex and another popular indy that quoted $925. i won't name them because he was a nice guy. I'm only bitching because I looked up TWBG's site and their Rolex service is $395 with free shipping and 5 year warranty. I will give them a try. Yea, sure a Rolex Center is best, but I'm sure these Indy's have 1000's of hours under their belt.

Would love to hear more shop names locally if anyone knows of them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I am really starting to get sick of San Francisco's $16 sandwich shops, $5 coffees, and $20 "artisanal" burgers etc. They charge high prices because they know they can. Got an estimate to service my Explorer II and was quoted $1200 from an AD who ships it to Rolex and another popular indy that quoted $925. i won't name them because he was a nice guy. I'm only bitching because I looked up TWBG's site and their Rolex service is $395 with free shipping and 5 year warranty. I will give them a try. Yea, sure a Rolex Center is best, but I'm sure these Indy's have 1000's of hours under their belt.

Would love to hear more shop names locally if anyone knows of them.
I spoke with TWBG and they gave me a very thorough explanation of what they do, was on the phone with Benjamin for almost 30 min. They send you shipping label, once there they open watch and give you real estimate, if you don’t like it they close watch and send it back to you at their expense is what they told me.

Excellent service over the phone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts