WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received my Indicator watch. It was a long wait. I contact Sergey from Colibrica Design in December 2018 and paid the deposit at the end of January. At the end of February the watch was sent to me.

Unfortunately I never got it. Following a long and painstaking investigation, by both me and Sergey, the conclusion was that the watch had been stolen while in transit. We were now at the end of May.

So if someone is trying to sell a Indicator numbered 49 out 50 with a 38 mm case you know it has been stolen. Also the papers will be in my name.

Having good costumer service when things go well is easy, what is difficult is to provide good costumer service when things go wrong. Sergey was excellent. Sergey made another watch for me and I finally got it.

Indicator watch specs:

• The movement is a Poljot 3105 which has been customized and decorated. The movement has 17 jewels and a 53 hours power reserve from the original 43.
  • 38mm case made of titanium BT6
  • Dial: turning, brass, white lacquered/ silver with patina/deep "pearl" silve
  • "Zero" and hands: hand polished & heat blued carbon steel
  • Glass: sapphire, 1 side AR coated
  • Water resistant 50m
  • Leather strap with a 316L steel buckle

Rather than write a full review I will let the pictures speak by themselves. The picture's background paper was the paper wrapping the watch box. I very much like it.

The watch comes in a wooden box that reminds me of the wooden boxes I had to keep my pens and pencils when I was a kid:

I actually prefer this smaller whatch boxes. Typically I will take the watch out of its box and then keep it in a watch box with others, so I will have to store the original box somewhere and some boxes occupy a lot of space.

The watch is very well protected as you can see in the next pictures

Peeling one more layer the face of the watch appears

The papers for the watch.

The crown

As you can see the watch is quite chunky.

Now the other side

A view of the movement

Finally the face of the watch

The watch only has the second hand and the hour hand so the reading of time will not be exact, hence, I guess, the name Indicator. Each graduation is 10 minutes.

In conclusion I really like the watch: it is beautiful and it is different. I don't know much about the movement but I believe it will be trustworthy, I mean, It will not break easily. In general I am not so worried about precision.

Although precision is a worthwhile engineering achievement does not have a practical impact in the day to day life up to a certain point of imprecision, of course.

My regulator watch is my G-SHOCK GW-M5630A-4. This one is almost always in accordance with some atomic clock.

In terms of setting the time it always difficult to set a watch very precisely even if you know the right time and definitely more difficult with the Indicator.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Oh what a beautiful watch!!! I always liked it. Congrats on unique and good looking watch.

BTW, movement is excellent, based on famous 3133 chronograph movement. 3105 has same base as 3133, they just stopped during production before adding stopwatch function.

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks for posting these photos, I always love seeing these. As a mechanical engineering student with a little bit of machining experience, this is my grail watch.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh what a beautiful watch!!! I always liked it. Congrats on unique and good looking watch.

BTW, movement is excellent, based on famous 3133 chronograph movement. 3105 has same base as 3133, they just stopped during production before adding stopwatch function.

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока
Thank you very much for the information.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow - quite unusual, and VERY nicely made. The dial design is busy and yet quite minimal - now there's a contradiction ;) Very nice piece for your collection, and glad you got everything resolved eventually..

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Beautiful and very unusual watch. I think it’s still legible to be a daily watch. It seems to have 10-minute markers on the hour track, so it’s pretty much the same as wearing a one-hand watch.

·
Registered
15,023 Posts
I just re-discovered this watch. What a beauty!
Just "spoke" with Sergey on FB.
It's priced a bit past my threshold, but I may have to.

And Sergey sounds like a mensch, judging by how he handled OP's misfortune.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just re-discovered this watch. What a beauty!
Just "spoke" with Sergey on FB.
It's priced a bit past my threshold, but I may have to.

And Sergey sounds like a mensch, judging by how he handled OP's misfortune.
Sergey is an absolute gentleman. We, he really, are doing another project together, I hope to be able to present it here soon.

In the mean time Svalbard Watches (Automatic single hand watch Svalbard Gauge FK21) are making a watch that looks a lot like a rip of the Indicator. Shame on them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Other than FB (which I no longer use), are there any other ways of getting in touch with Sergey at all please?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wonderful.
I've also ordered one, but trying to choose between 38 or 44 mm . Kind of hard. Would you perhaps have any pictures how it looks on your arm? And if anyone has the 44mm any wristphotos available?

For my part I'm 17-17.5 cm around my wrist, but also used to bigger watches, so first thinking about a 44 mm. However my everyday watch is a 36-37 mm dial, 47 mm with lugs G-shock, so I've thought a the bigger version would work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts