WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 7002-7001 with a mediocre third-party Oyster... it's not the worst Oyster I've had (the first-part Seiko with folded links is a joke) as it has solid screw links (except the end links), but it jingles, the links aren't very thick/heavy, and it seems like it tapers more than it should at the clasp.

I really want a Super Engineer, but I just can't justify the $80+ cost (the watch was less than $60). Are there any inexpensive solid-link alternatives to the usual suspects like StrapCode, Wjean28, etc? I would even consider a Breitling/Pilot style band as long as it has well fitting curved end-links (not too hung up on them being solid), is brushed or two-tone brushed/polished, and isn't Breitling branded

This is the closest I've found so far, but somewhere around $30 is my target price-point...

Any recommendations? If not, I have a feeling I'll end up gravitating towards a lower-end straight-link shark-mesh just to get away from the Oyster I have on there now.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Maybe watch the strap sales forum here on WUS? Something may pop up in your price range.

The strapcode straight end link super engineer is closer to $60 btw, if you're not married to curved end links.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can get a WUS discount from Strapcode (10%). Type in WUS2013 in the voucher column. It's not much but it helps. I believe the price reflects the fact it's all solid SS. Watchadoo is a little cheaper (U$55).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think I could handle straight end links on the Shark Mesh, but I'm pretty sure I'd want curved on a Super Engineer. In a turn of events, I found my lost SKX009 that the 7002-7001 was purchased to replace, so I may actually sell the 7002-7001 and put the funds towards a Super Engineer for the SKX009... still, even with the StrapCode discount, $81 for the Super is too much. I'll check out Watchadoo for comparisson... do they have a curved end-link version that I'm just not seeing?

Any comments on the eBay link I'd posted above?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think I could handle straight end links on the Shark Mesh, but I'm pretty sure I'd want curved on a Super Engineer. In a turn of events, I found my lost SKX009 that the 7002-7001 was purchased to replace, so I may actually sell the 7002-7001 and put the funds towards a Super Engineer for the SKX009... still, even with the StrapCode discount, $81 for the Super is too much. I'll check out Watchadoo for comparisson... do they have a curved end-link version that I'm just not seeing?
I don't know. Perhaps send him a message. You can always buy a curved SEL separately.

I myself purchased a super engineer from Tungchoy. I guess it's the cost of a 'want' rather than a 'need'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts