WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a Damasko DA46 about a week or so ago. Now, I don't want to wear my other watches from my very small collection. My Hamilton Khaki field mechanical sits in the box (may eventually get sold though). My Citizen Eco-Drive diver sits on the night stand soaking up rays, and my Mondaine Simply Elegant (my "dress" watch) stays in the box as well. I am loving my DA, but probably should go back to the rotation at some point. How long before you stop being infatuated with your newest acquisition?

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Goin' through it right now myself, a couple weeks and I return to the entire present stash and future lusts . . .

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Let it roll... enjoy it...you'll know when the time is right to go back to a rotation.

Reactions: Popoki Nui

·
Registered
14,261 Posts
I have never had one watch that just pushed the others to the back. Sometimes I don't wear a new watch for days.

When you add more to the stable I think you'll see what I'm talking about. But what you're doing seems normal; all things considered. Who knows though. You may always be that way and quickly sell watches that get little wrist time. We're all different.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
About a week or two after purchase the honeymoon usually ends and I will start to notice the little quirks. After that, it either stays as part of the collection or out the door.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Let it roll... enjoy it...you'll know when the time is right to go back to a rotation.
+1. Each person, and each watch is different. I've had the "honeymoon" period last several weeks, but my last one (a couple of weeks ago, new Seiko 5 50th anniversary limited edition World Time) lasted only a few days before I was back in rotation mode. You'll know.

~Sherry.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A "honeymoon" period, I like that. Well, I will just wear what moves me and hold off on any decisions to sell anything for a little while.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Happens to everyone. I am going through it with my Longines right now. Depends on the watch for how long it lasts (and probably the quality of the surrounding collection) but usually mine is a few weeks, after that it's business as usual.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
My honeymoon period typically last 3-4 weeks including a trip (if there's one)

This year my new watches have been travelling a lot
Pam 441 to HK and Tokyo for hanami (and possibly for my next trip to Sapporo and Tokyo)
Seiko SBDX011 to HK,Sg,Brazil and Peru (more like 2 months)
Pam 123 worn to Dubai and Bangkok

·
Registered
31,461 Posts
I always enjoy all of my watches, and try to wear them on a rotating basis so the newness does not wear off too soon.

However, I have a few that I always fall back on, so enjoy it as much as you want.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm currently going on two months straight with my Steinhart OVM. Can't take it off or quit looking at it. I own much more expensive watches but am currently enamored with the OVM. Best watch for my dollar ever. It also is running at -2 seconds per day on my wrist. Pretty impressive.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I will deliberately wear others in my collection, otherwise what's the point in having more than one, but even after seven months I often end up with my TSAR on my wrist again by the end of the day. Now that I've "discovered" handmade/custom straps I think the passionate honeymoon has evolved into a comfortable and comforting marriage.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I knew this would happen Zig!

My problem is that I have too many watches that I like, so I never feel like *any* of them get enough wrist time!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Goin' through it right now myself, a couple weeks and I return to the entire present stash and future lusts . . .
About two weeks for me as well, as I don't think any longer would be 'fair' to my other watches which are equally enjoyable . Plus, deliberately not wearing it for some time makes me like it even more once I put it back on.

·
Premium Member
65,019 Posts
I never pull the trigger on a watch unless I'm 100% sure I want to own it. The honeymoon period normally lasts a couple of weeks but not all watches were created equal. My absolute fave is 8 months old now and I've managed to wean myself of it a bit so it only gets worn on alternate days. In between the rest of the rotation gets a go.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Usually the "honeymoon" lasts 3-4 weeks... then I get back to the usual "rotation", that means I wear the one I like most at the moment I have to choose.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
That is one of the best looking fleigers I've ever seen, so I don't blame you for one second for not returning to the rotation yet. I'm currently doing that because of a new strap I recently acquired for my Strela, the strap makes me want to wear the watch every day.

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
545 Posts
You'll get over it trust me...From experience this is also the worst time to make a "sales" decision as it could become regretful.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,624 Posts
Still going through it with an Oris Big Crown Pointer Date although I find myself wandering to the attentions of others periodically.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts