WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, I chose my watch and strapped it on, intending to wear it for a bit to get it wound up, and then set it. Imagine my surprise when, 30 minutes later, I look at my wrist and it's displaying the correct time! I haven't worn the watch in a week, and I managed to set my watch to 21 seconds behind time.gov simply by putting it on.

Bonus: it's a 24-hour watch, so it's half as likely for this to happen! Unfortunately it has a date complication...maybe if I wear it once a month?

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
I pulled out one of my vintage Seiko 6139 chronographs last week to wear. I wear them a couple of times a month. These have the funky "push the crown" method of changing the day and the date (two stops pushed in). Kind of cool, but invariably I have to go through some gyrations to get the date set, then the day (cycling through both English and Spanish).

But last Wednesday, the 15th, I picked it up, set the time and noticed the day/date was correct already so I just took it as a sign that I was wearing the right watch! Here's an older picture of the watch, not taken last week.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts