WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi list members, I am new to this forum as I recently purchased my first Seiko Dive watch. I have worn a Sea Dweller for many years and intill recently, I never explored the worl of Seiko.

My first step into Seiko Dive Watches was the 6105-8110. I bought it at a lacal Idaho gun show. It was presented to me to be in it's original box and while this seeams plausible, I would like your opinions if this is an orriginal package.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Timetracker,

That watch looks amazing!!! I don't have an original box, so I'm not sure on that. That strap looks like one of the versions I've seen around.

Man, what a great find!!! You hit a home run on this one. You have a keeper. |>

You can look up more of the history of this amazing watch at the SCWF divers reference. You should post your pics over there too.
http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,1633.0.html

Have you seen Captain Willard's watch from apocalypse now?

Here's another old pic:

This one is mine:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Peahi, That is some collection! I have a whole lot of catching up to do! Just kidding, I know it is not that easy! Thanks for sharring the movie shots as well. Tom

·
6,958 Posts
Tom,

OMG!!! what a score:-!

Congrats on that perfect 6105!!!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Congrats! Especially if you paid the "new price" on the box! :-!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The price was part of the fun. You all will think I am just blowing smoke but the seller picked $45 for the price because it was used and it was only $61.50 when new. He accepted my $40 offer. Tom

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You hit a jackpot there! Congrats! :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, Thanks for all the friendly responses! What a cool group! I was asked to show the box interior so here it is. Still wondering if you think the box is original to the watch and if that ($61.50) was the correct retail price when new. Tom
Watch Fashion accessory Strap Material property Watch accessory Strap Watch Watch accessory Wood Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Congrats on the awesome watch. I think I've got a pic of an original box on my computer. (Unfortunately not mine) I'll post it tomorrow to compare with yours.

Cheers
gigfy

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Congrats on the awesome watch. I think I've got a pic of an original box on my computer. (Unfortunately not mine) I'll post it tomorrow to compare with yours.

Cheers
gigfy
Here is the pic I had on my hard drive. I can't remember where I found it but I think it was either here or SCWF. IIRC, these were sold in many different locations in the world and could have had different boxes. I would guess yours is original.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool, Thanks for the photo. I guess I am hooked. I just got in the mail a 7002-700J that I bought on the web. It is the second generation Pepsi released in Japan? (Correct me if I am wrong). I am new. All original except for a new bezel insert (it is a fresh blue and red). Not a high $ model but I think it is fantastic. I am trying to decide my next "Must have". Any sugestions?

I am ashamed to admit it but I was so uninformed I would of probably left the 6105 on the table at the gun show if he had not taken my offer.

Tom

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
get a 6309-7040/49, these came after your 6105. or 62MAS the first seiko divers watch :-!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Jkchua, Good advice. I did a little reading and I would agree the 6217 is a "Must have". Not many around so it may take a while which makes the hunt more fun. I skiped the 6309-7040 and just bought a 6306-7001 from Loyd's Watch. It is a rebuild. I can't wait to hit all the Idaho pawn shops for old Seikos. There is a lot of cool old stuff aroung this state. Heck, Pocatello is like living in 1970!
Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts