WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find any reviews on the Chinese ST-93203 movement. Is this movement manufactured by Seagull? If anyone has experience with it, is it an accurate and durable movement? I'm looking to buy this Stuhrling Delphi:

·
Vendor
28,458 Posts
I can't seem to find any reviews on the Chinese ST-93203 movement. Is this movement manufactured by Seagull? If anyone has experience with it, is it an accurate and durable movement? I'm looking to buy this Stuhrling Delphi:
Sturhling is in the habit of giving the movements they use their own calibre numbers. All Seagull calibres have 4 digits (STXXXX), not five. So while that may be a movement made by Seagull, it is definitely not the calibre number Seagull would use.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,442 Posts
It looks like a non-automatic so I'm going with the 2650-S from the catalogue of PTS Resources (Stuhrling's usual movement provider). It is a skeleton version of the ubquitous Chinese Tongji movement, of unknown manufacture (several factories make these). It's not made by Sea-Gull.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same watch in silver tone with the same movement. I paid $50 for it on ebay. It gains about 30 seconds a day. Nice little mechanical for $50.

·
Premium Member
7,012 Posts
It looks like a non-automatic so I'm going with the 2650-S from the catalogue of PTS Resources (Stuhrling's usual movement provider). It is a skeleton version of the ubquitous Chinese Tongji movement, of unknown manufacture (several factories make these). It's not made by Sea-Gull.
That you were to identify that movement, Chas, is simply amazing. (It looks identical to the 2650-S on PTS Resources's webpage.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts