WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about a vintage Swiss brand called Jutan? I can't seem to find anything about them online.

My uncle has a jutan Swiss watch featuring an unbreakable mainspring, 21 jewels, automatic. Hoping to learn more about this watch.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,277 Posts
Never heard of it. And Mikrolisk doesn't give us much information either, I'm afraid.....

As for the watch in general, "Automatic" and "21 Jewels" is quite positive. However, usually, such descriptions are augmented by something like "Incabloc" whereas things like "Unbreakable Mainspring" (as well as "Shockproof" and "Antimagnetic") on the dial point towards cheap pin lever movements. My guess would therefore be that the watch has a high jewel count pin lever automatic movement. Something like this:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: EB 8100

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the insight, that's actually exactly everything else it says on the dial and case.

Never heard of it. And Mikrolisk doesn't give us much information either, I'm afraid.....

As for the watch in general, "Automatic" and "21 Jewels" is quite positive. However, usually, such descriptions are augmented by something like "Incabloc" whereas things like "Unbreakable Mainspring" (as well as "Shockproof" and "Antimagnetic"= on the dial point towards cheap pin lever movements. My guess would therefore be that the watch has a high jewel count pin lever automatic movement. Something like this:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: EB 8100

Hartmut Richter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts