WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought the Limited Gold Edition with serial number 300.
Anyone who know the background on this one?
Original owner and so on?

Would appreciate it :)

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Hmmmmm..... I think I remember discussing LGE #300 with the original owner, moleng1....:think:

From memory, he also ordered blue hands for it, so it had both the gold hands & second set of blue hands.

I knew he was after a diver watch so maybe the LGE was the watch he traded. I believe the new owner was/is James13. This is the owner you purchased it off right...? I can't say any more than that really. I have no reason to believe there is anything wrong with the watch other that the two previous owners preferred other styles of watches.

:-!

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Riker.
Yes, it is set up with blue hands. Going to change to the gold hands I think.
I have no reason to think there's anything wrong with it.
James13 seemed to be a great guy and seller.
Would recommend buying from him. First class communication :-!

Thanks for the info. Confirmes what I thought.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Usually it is best to do your homework before buying. Because what you have just done, would indicate that you had doubts on the transaction or seller, which is not nice since his name is now out in the open because of this thread...

·
Registered
149 Posts
What's wrong with trying to check the watch history if that helps you to increase your confidence when buying from the sales corner? I would think that simple fact of trying to get as much information as you can doesn't mean that there is something wrong with seller or watch. That's just being cautious as far as I'm concerned and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Usually it is best to do your homework before buying. Because what you have just done, would indicate that you had doubts on the transaction or seller, which is not nice since his name is now out in the open because of this thread...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't think there was any malice intended. Congratulations on your new acquisition. Wear it in good health. Also, please don't forget to post pics..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, I don't think there is anything wrong with asking the board for references, help, or any other information. As stated, I don't think Ron was being malicious or mistrustful, just applying due diligence, imo.

You know, sellers or others are quick to comment that their reputations are on the line or they don't appreciate it when buyers are a bit anal with their requests. I have read many threads on this topic and there are many valid points on both sides. I am on the verge or expecting my first sales corner type purchase and no matter how much advice you follow, and how you follow correct protocol and procedure, as a buyer you are always nervous. If anyone says they are not they are a liar

Like, I wouldn't ask a seasoned seller with multiple, verifiable online sells for a ransom shot with todays newspaper, but if I asked for a clean, sharp, high pixel shot of the watch, I think I should get one without a fuss. And there are definitely ways to go about transactions in the low hundreds, high hundreds, thousands and on. But again, one is always nervous about shooting off money into the internet and waiting for a magic box to arrive. If you break it down to its bare bones, it's almost ludicrous!

Congrats on the watch, again, Ronny.

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry to have mislead you.

I did all my homework before buying, and I trust the seller 110%
I got all the info and pics needed. I bought with 100% confidence.
I did not ask the seller who was the original owner, because I would not expect him to give up such info, and I think it would be rude to ask.
So I posted this thread, so the person or persons who owned this watch earlier, could come forward by their own choice.

I am not doing research to check out the seller or the condition of the watch, because I know both are excellent.
I simply would like to hear the story of the watch.

I am sorry if I made a mistake when I wrote the sellers name in the open, but all I wrote about him was that he was a great seller who offered first class communication.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ronnanol, sorry if in turn, my post seemed harsh.
I misunderstood your intention and wish you all the best with your new watch :-!

Ben

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand that it could easely be misunderstood.
No problem, I am the one who should apologize.

Thank you, can't wait for the LGE to arrive :p

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Hmmmmm..... I think I remember discussing LGE #300 with the original owner, moleng1....:think:

From memory, he also ordered blue hands for it, so it had both the gold hands & second set of blue hands.

I knew he was after a diver watch so maybe the LGE was the watch he traded. I believe the new owner was/is James13. This is the owner you purchased it off right...? I can't say any more than that really. I have no reason to believe there is anything wrong with the watch other that the two previous owners preferred other styles of watches.

:-!

geez!! James! you are in the wrong business my friend. i think you missed your calling in the law enforcement area:-d
...........but then?...you are more valuable here!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I'm sorry to have mislead you.

I did all my homework before buying, and I trust the seller 110%
I got all the info and pics needed. I bought with 100% confidence.
I did not ask the seller who was the original owner, because I would not expect him to give up such info, and I think it would be rude to ask.
So I posted this thread, so the person or persons who owned this watch earlier, could come forward by their own choice.

I am not doing research to check out the seller or the condition of the watch, because I know both are excellent.
I simply would like to hear the story of the watch.

I am sorry if I made a mistake when I wrote the sellers name in the open, but all I wrote about him was that he was a great seller who offered first class communication.

agreed and well said;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts