WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gidday All,
Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this Seiko 200m Diver's Quartz I picked up today?

Owner said he got it as a gift, wore it twice then put it in a drawer and forgot about it - practically new but a few scuffs on the back. I've not no idea how old it is but I'm guessing late 90's. Sounds like he had the battery changed before he sold it.

Caseback says:
Scuba Diver's (Battery SB-AN/SR920SW)
Sapphlex Crystal Mov't Japan
Stainless Steel Seiko 7N36-6A49

Photos (SKA427 for scale):

PS: What's with the "11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20" on the back?

PSS: Extra credit, is it possible to swap the bezel with something more "traditional"?

Cheers :thanks,
Romeo

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi....

Congrats on your very nice (and very mint) catch. If I'm not mistaken, that's a SHC041... brother to the SHC039 diver. Rare these days. Enjoy.

Yes, you can (in theory) swap the bezel for a more traditional Seiko item. But I can tell you it's just about impossible to get the original bezel off the case. I've tried with two of these models and gave up in disgust.

·
Registered
31 Posts
PS: What's with the "11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20" on the back??

Cheers :thanks,
Romeo
the numbers are the battery change date. with the next supposed change date having a light imprint ontop of the number, which in your case, in 2011.

chances is that your watch is made in 2007 july.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys,
Turns out the simple job of swapping the bezel wasn't quite as simple as I though! Based on what I've seen on Google it's practically impossible to find a nice bezel that'll fit, and even then based on what you say it'll be impossible to fit!

Guess I'll just have to stick with the stock :-(.

Cheers,
Romeo

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Romeo... if you manage to get the original bezel off, this Seiko part should fit...

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
+2...July 2007 is the MFG date!

You did well picking that watch up, they are getting pretty hard to find especially that exact model in the very nice condition she's in.

What can I say, the 7N36 is one very long lasting workhorse & accurate quartz movement, it's a sweet machine that just keeps putting out! ;-)

The case is a very beefy size, and with the Sapphlex crystal aliong with the raised polished hour indices and decent lume used on this newer era piece, your gonna love this watch!

Congrats, :-!
Jim

the numbers are the battery change date. with the next supposed change date having a light imprint ontop of the number, which in your case, in 2011.

chances is that your watch is made in 2007 july.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: +2...July 2007 is the MFG date!

You did well picking that watch up, they are getting pretty hard to find especially that exact model in the very nice condition she's in.

What can I say, the 7N36 is one very long lasting workhorse & accurate quartz movement, it's a sweet machine that just keeps putting out! ;-)

The case is a very beefy size, and with the Sapphlex crystal aliong with the raised polished hour indices and decent lume used on this newer era piece, your gonna love this watch!

Congrats, :-!
Jim
Hello, I have the same model. with battery change date starting 01, 02, 03..... Does that mean mine was probably made in 98/99? I know it was in one of those years that I received it as a birthday gift form my wife. It has served me well over the years. I'm looking forward to passing it on to my son in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Romeowns...I bought this exact watch new in 1994. I've worn it pretty much every day for 17 years. I'm on my third battery and I think that I'm also on my third rubber strap from Seiko. I absolutely love it! Mechanically, its tough and superbly accurate. I think that I paid around $250 for it in '94. ??? You don't see many of them around...and I get compliments all the time.

bts

·
Registered
2 Posts

also....with your next battery date of 2011...it is likely that your watch was manufactured in or around 2006. I'm only saying this as i purchased my watch new in 1994 and its "next battery date" was 1999.

regards,

bts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

Romeowns...I bought this exact watch new in 1994. I've worn it pretty much every day for 17 years. I'm on my third battery and I think that I'm also on my third rubber strap from Seiko. I absolutely love it! Mechanically, its tough and superbly accurate. I think that I paid around $250 for it in '94. ??? You don't see many of them around...and I get compliments all the time.

bts
There are quite a few NOS? available with the Super Jubilee, most around the $170 price point.
I bought one a few months back, put the SJ on my SKX009, and it looks fantastic. Used the Z-22 on the SHC041 and it is just great.
Here's the link:

Seiko SHC041 - Google Search

I think the prices are fair, no bargain if it were on just on rubber, but I don't regret picking one up. The Super Jubilee is selling for close to $100, and that's what makes it a great deal.
francobollo

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
There excellent watches & quartz movements in all regards

as good & as long lasting and accurate as any other Seiko diver IMO.

The SHC series has many years & faithful service and many models choices delivered over the years. This style came out in the 90's I believe and continued on into the 2000's, your specific model appeared in the early to mid 2000's. The SHC series divers line is marked by a strong & loyal following.

Yours I think was made in July of 2007...

Your going to enjoy this watch- :-!

Jim

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: There excellent watches & quartz movements in all regards

I FOUND one of these in my wife's jewelry case. Haven't seen her (the watch) in years! The strap is broken and am wondering if anyone knows off hand if this is a 20 or 22mm strap?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Re: There excellent watches & quartz movements in all regards

22mm.

I FOUND one of these in my wife's jewelry case. Haven't seen her (the watch) in years! The strap is broken and am wondering if anyone knows off hand if this is a 20 or 22mm strap?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts