WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
If legit 10k+ I think. I have seen similar ones (with the head of the bird in such a strange place). I'd ask this question on VRF to get some expert opinions.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
yeah...why go to all the trouble to mess up the perfect dial of a gmt with your tribal crown if the birds head is half under the gmt hand? i would prceed with caution

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Arab/Persian Gulf countries are known for gifting Rolex and Omega watches.

Not sure which country this is but the writing next to the falcon says 'Ministry of Defense.'

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Honestly the position of the eagle looks off, its a UAE (United Arab Emirates) Eagle, the head of the eagle should just be visible below the watch. Nor should the red cloth at the bottom touch the hour marker. It could of been applied after (broken off etc). The Eagle itself looks a bit too large from the ones I've seen but pictures can always look off.

Hope that helped,

Igor

P.S.
There should be writing on the red cloth be sure to check that out, it looks scribled but the picture quality isn't the best in the world. If you can ask for more pictures, when the hands arn't near the eagle that would be great. The Color should be golden (almost golden flakes) not yellow. I beleive these were handed out to UAE helicopter pilots. I can't recal exactly but I remember looking at some a few years back. I'll get you more info. if I find it in my records.

Edit: Found you a link to a good couple examples of what the eagle should look like and a bit of info. on her:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/thread/1208690732/1208748772/Info+about+this+arabic+GMT+dial........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts