WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about this particular jump hour?
http://www.alpha-watch.com/details.php?myid=712

I have to admit, I actually enjoy the old-school styling, but is this really a jump hour or does the hour just rotate? Based on the layout, it would seem all the plates just rotate like on a typical clock... And how does this model hold up overall?

I was also curious if anyone has had any problems ordering from Alpha - the website doesn't seem secured!

Thanks!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,198 Posts
I agree, this is actually a non-jumping direct-read watch. The real jump-hour from Alpha ues the Sea-Gull ST17 movement. This is an ST16.

No worries about reliability. The ST16 is a solid motor and with no complicated jumping mechanism.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
There is a BIG Alpha fan base here and we all have ordered from their HK website several times...so no worries there, their C/S and communication is great.

I actually have the watch in question and enjoy it quite a bit...very cool, very different

good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great. Thank you both for your feedback! Now I just have to evaluate my watch fund a bit!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can you tell me please what this HK website
There is a BIG Alpha fan base here and we all have ordered from their HK website several times...so no worries there, their C/S and communication is great.

I actually have the watch in question and enjoy it quite a bit...very cool, very different

good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts