WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was cleaning my house earlier and I found a watch that belonged to my dad. It's Revue Thommen and my mom has the matching ladies' version. Really hoping if someone can give me some information regarding this watch. I tried looking on the Internet but unfortunately, to no avail. Any information would help, and I'm hoping to find replacement straps if possible for both? The ladies' one has already had a replaced strap and the watch store apparently threw out the original strap which had the buckle, making my mother very angry upon knowing :-|. Nonetheless, any info would be great.

Thanks and greatly appreciated!

2014-05-08 16.51.22.jpg 2014-05-08 15.55.33.jpg 2014-05-08 16.50.48.jpg

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,341 Posts
Hi and welcome to WUS. Those look like they date from around the early 1990's and are probably gold plated. The men's probably uses a 25 jewel swiss ETA 2824 movement. Revue Thommen probably has straps that will fit. However an after market leather strap will look as nice as the factory straps and cost less. The signed buckle can be moved over to the new strap.
Try sending RT an email though this site.
http://www.revue-thommen.ch/en/

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
welcome to the forum,

a nice find,
I've seen them around in larger department stores, a nice made watch,

regarding straps, you can definitely find replacements, and this is where it can be fun as well if you like to 'accessorize' your watches.

There are stores that sells different kinds of straps, you just need to know the width size of the strap,
the length between the watch lugs - the two prongs sticking out from the watch,

if you're not sure, just bring the watch along and find a matching (size wise) straps.

the watches you have are also 'automatic',
it's a mechanical movement, as oppose to battery operated (quartz),

you'll need to wind the crown once in a while if the watch hasnt been used,
and since it's automatic, it has a self-winding mechanism that turns the rotor as you wear your watch (movement of your arms)

nice looking watch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts