WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Other than the seller's listing, is there any evidence that "WALTER PETER" has any connection to Ebel?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just whats on the dial in the pics. It came in the mail today, but I'm at work so have not had a chance to inspect it yet. if the dial is nothing special then i will try to restore it myself, but if its rare I'm going to leave it alone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The confusing part is the blue paint came off the dial but the white painted numbers stayed on it even looks as if the blue came out from under the white numbers in the pics. Strange?

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
My point is that since I don't find any connection between "WALTER PETER" and EBEL, it seems possible that this watch may have been put together from spare parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Walter Peter mean anything in the community here, and the layout of the dial looks the same as other Ebel President painted dials.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Being a brief search brought up a set of silver plated flatware retailed by Walter Peter I am assuming a jeweler. So a private label watch so to speak.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After looking it over, could put a Ebel President dial on it and have a President but if Ebel did make this dial. How many Ebel made Walter Peter's are out there. I like the idea of having a one of one watch on my wrist or one of few. As for the dial it looks to be silver with a very thin glass or some other material white numbers, logo, and siss printed on top. On the back of the clear is pinted blue like a mirror.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts