WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All

Hoping some one can give me a bit more information on this Glashutte Watch looking at buying it and what sort of pricing i should be looking at.

170313173249_IMG_20170310_151026.jpg

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,691 Posts
First of all: Welcome to Watchuseek and welcome to the German Watches Forum as well. I had to move your thread to this forum here since Mühle Glashütte has nothing to do with your Glashütte watch which was produced in masses by the VEB GUB (Volkseigene Betriebe Glashütter Uhrenbetriebe). The watch houses a tiny 17 jewels handwinding GUB 09-20 movement.

The 09-20 was produced from 1971 to 1990, app. 3.399.000 pieces have been made. Diaméter is 5 1/2'''lines. It was originally designed to fit ladies watches ("Clipper") for example. Not easy to service because of the 3/4 plate.

More specs:

Movement dimensions: 13x15,15 mm, height 3,5 mm
Jewels: 17
Balance: Glucydur
b/hour: 21.600

The movement was later mounted into smaller men`s watches as well. The watch you posted seems to be legit but it should be noted that a lot of those watches do pop up in larger quantities on ebay, especially on ebay.de, some of them being Franken. I do not think those are a real bargain or a valuable collector`s item. That being said they are a witness of former times. I have seen the watch you posted being offered on ebay as a "GLASHÜTTE 17 RUBIS CAL.GUB 09-20 RETRO RED". Seller asked €135. I wouldn't pay that much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To stuffler,mike many thanks for the informative reply really has helped me tremendously at the onset of looking to buy it. It is going for $75 dollars so did not think it was a bad price really liked it as it was something different. I know for certain it is an all original watch and has had no modifications to it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,691 Posts
The 09-20 was used in the very, very first Glashütte Original ladies watches as well. Here's an example (still running well)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts