WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out information about a watch I received that belonged to my father. I believe he wore it in WWII, but am not sure. I tried searching the internet with negative results aside from confirming Rigi watches do exist. Any helpful hints about this watch or where I can go to find out about it would be appreciated.
Rigi Alarm, 17 Jewels, Incabloc, waterproof, stainless steel back, serial number 26093. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,571 Posts
It's very likely that people on this forum will be able to provide information about the watch if you can post good photos: front and back, inside and out.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,135 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek. I'm afraid that there is zero chance of your father having worn it in WWII if it's an alarm. The first modern wrist alarms appeared in 1947 and were cased exclusively in Vulcain "Cricket" watches. The first generic wrist alarm movement was the Adolf Schild Cal. AS 1475 with its two crowns at 2:00 and 4:00 (or just offset from those two positions):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: AS 1475

...and that appeared in 1954. Also from around that time was the Venus Cal. 230 with a crown and a pusher at 2:00 and 3:00 (with movement rotation, these sometimes shifted round a bit to 2:30 and 3:30) and a red dot in a window on the dial around 9:00:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Venus 230

If you post a picture, we'll let you know what you've got.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts