WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this is my first post on here. Someone i know bought this Tudor Oyster Prince from 1968 with the ref 7995 and cal 2483. Ive done some research on this watch and ill i could see were Tudor Rangers, Tudor Oyster Princes with smooth bezels and then this one. Also from what ive seen Tudor Oyster Princes with a fluted bezel always have a date. How come this dosent? Sorry if its not alowed to do these kinds of posts but i just want to learn :)

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
I would very much like to see that watch. The 7995 generally seems to have a smooth bezel... If you're asking if the fluted bezel is exclusive to Tudors and Rolexes with the date feature- I don't think it is, although it's certainly uncommon on no-dates, and I would be suspicious of such a combination. It might be a "transplant" from a date model using the same case.

No idea if you, for example, haven't confused the engine-turned and fluted bezels. Engine-turned ones were found on date and no-date models alike. But as I've said, without seeing the watch, there's little to say, really.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
I agree that it could easily have been transplanted, it's quite common for people to swap bezels because they prefer one to the other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i found a picture of a 7995 with the same dial, same case but smooth bezel so i guess that the fluted bezel was just put on there.
or what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
I'm really so knowledgeable about Tudor models, but for Rolex, there are often slightly different model numbers for the different bezels. For example, the 16000 Datejust has a smooth bezel, 16014 a fluted bezel, 16030 a machine-turned bezel.

Perhaps there is something similar for the Tudor model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts