WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

along with the Moeris posted in another thread, this is my other seriously vintage watch, a 70‘s Vulcain. At least I think it is from that era, can somebody confirm? Also, the strap is obviously aftermarket, do you happen to know what it would originally have been fitted with? In short, any nugget of trivia is welcome...

Many thanks in advance.

Pics:

D2F0376D-5A46-4B40-8148-67AE316D6632.jpeg

0AD0064B-0576-461C-A82E-2E5E44FF4CE7.jpeg

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,881 Posts
Lovely watch! Definitely very late sixties or seventies. The movement is presumably an MSR S2 or MSR S23. The original version was the Vulcain Cal 120, later it became the Revue Thommen Cal. 80 (but by that time, I believe that Vulcain had already gone down the tube, at least until revived in the early 2000s). As for the original strap/bracelet, it is usually practically impossible to find that out. But never mind - just wear it on whatever suits your fancy. What you have there looks good enough.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Hi there,

when Grovana acquired Revue in the early 2000s, many new Revue watches passed my auction, among them some Crickets - maily Revue, but also few older Vulcain. Back then I got the information that the Vulcans were made 1970. No clue how correct this is, but I'm afraid, a better information source doesn't exist. As I started my archive in 2003, the last one of the Vulcain Crickets found its way into my archive, and by accident it is the same reference:
bidfun-db Archive: Wrist Watches: 628: Gents Vulcain Cricket manual wind alarm, ca. 1970 n.o.s.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for all the information! Lovely watch bubba, and thanks for the additional inpur Hartmut and Roland. Roland, I will be spending quite some time going through that treasure of information you have put together!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts