WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Mike Kobold. I asked him the best way to wind the SOA and he stated that you should wind it back and forth with your thumb and index finger. This insures that the movement winds properly. The movement has an overwind safety on it. He said it will stop winding once it is fully. I also asked him how he came up with the idea of the SOA. He stated that the SOA is to honor the US because he was dirt broke when he founded Kobold and living in the US has make it possible to be successful. Also the name is dedicated to the American fighting spirit it showed after 9/11. I thought that was a great reason to name the watch SOA. This is the most important news I received from Mike. I have the 2007 Wristwatch Annual and it has an article about Kobold. In that article, it states that Kobold and Couseau (sp??) grandson are working on a new watch. Mike comfirmed this and stated that in March or April that he will put out in information and pictures about this new watch. He said that there will be an intro price but not as steep as the SOA. I think this is great news.

Good Day
Ken

·
Registered
47 Posts
"Not as steep as the SOA"!!!! Count me in, that is great news! Anyone have any clues what we're looking for here? Straight up dive watch?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Was that not as steep a price, or not as steep a discount...a pretty critical difference?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1ST- It is a pure diving watch and thats all Mike would get into. He said that is will be a very close kept secret. All he did say is that it will be a very nice watch.

2ND- Mike stated that the DISCOUNT wouldn't was steep as the SOA. He claims that the discount for the SOA was very close to their cost. The reason he went so low was to pick up new customers. Which he did because I am one of them.

This is all I can get out of him. We all just have to wait for another 4 month to find out.

Good Day
Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts