WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. I was admiring a nice old Bulova left to my friend by her grandfather, and was hoping someone here could provide some history for her. What you see is what you get: blue dial, T SWISS T, manual wind, etc. Her grandfather had loads of watches but wore this one pretty regularly. Thanks in advance!

Pics:

bulova02.jpg
bulova01.jpg

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
The M9 stamped on the case back indicates the watch was produced in 1969. The whale logo on the dial was used for models in the what I think was the Oceanographer line (maybe...pretty sure...??) and maybe some others. I don't believe I have seen that exact dial before - Cool font on the numbers.

BTW...I am a little outside my wheelhouse here. My Bulova knowledge is really best in the 1925-1945 range. Hopefully someone knows more. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
The whale logo (by itself) simply indicated waterproof (not sure if it specified any particular depth rating); I've seen it across a broad range of models. I've never seen in on a watch as early as 1969 though. I have seen oceanographers with both the whale logo and the 666ft designation, but otherwise mostly by itself on the clipper and presidents lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts