WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real quickly, I am looking to buy a watch off the sales forum. I have had nothing but success prior, both in buying and selling. The particlar seller has, on their profile that comes up on the lefthand side, under their username, a line that says "infractions 0/1 (5)"

I tried the search function and didn't find an actual explanation. Any input is appreciated. I have noticed this several times before, always on the sales forum, so I don't know if it's specific to sales, or what the case may be. Thank you.

Dan

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[SUB][/SUB]
Thank you sir, apparently my search abilities are equal to my harmonica skills...

Out of curiosity, would an infraction make you less likely to make a purchase from a seller, all other things being equal? Seller of the specific watch I am considering has far more posts that I do, and seems fine. I may just PM them and ask what the infraction was for.

Thanks again.

Dan

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Thank you sir, apparently my search abilities are equal to my harmonica skills...

Out of curiosity, would an infraction make you less likely to make a purchase from a seller, all other things being equal? Seller of the specific watch I am considering has far more posts that I do, and seems fine. I may just PM them and ask what the infraction was for.

Thanks again.

Dan
Personally, it wouldn't bother me, mostly because infractions are the result of a moderator considering your posts to be skirting the forum rules.

And given that WUS is more tightly run and moderated than pretty much any other forum that I've been on, I wouldn't put much stock in it. YMMV.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I would regard their infractions secondary to their trading feedback on the sales forum.

Have a chat to them and go with your gut!

Thanks again.

Dan

·
Registered
213 Posts
Now I'm curious, though. What do the numbers actually mean? (The linked post doesn't really say much other than why someone might get an infraction.)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI,

Sent the seller a PM, he was nothing but cordial and explained the infraction in detail. Quite frankly, it seemed a little silly, and as the seller noted, "infraction" certainly has an ominous ring about it, does it not?

I too am curious as to the numbers and what they imply. In this instance, the seller indicated that the infraction had a time component to it, and would run it's course and be removed byna certain date. So, I guess I would describe it as more of a public warning. I must admit, As Metlin alluded, this is THE most tightly moderated forum that I participate in as well. But all-in-all, I prefer it this way IMHO... Too many forums descend into a morass of petty arguing, constant "trolling" and non-sensical posts, spam, etc... This has become my go-to.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Infractions can be given for general Rule Violations but are generally handed out to Members who don't pay attention to Sales Corner Rules. A normal infraction has 5 points attached to it and is a temporary thing. If you get 2 in short order and your points add up to 10 you'll automatically get a 3 day ban from the forum.
An Infraction can also be given as a Warning with zero points which is basically a slap on the wrist. So if the member in question had 0/1 (5) he had no Warnings and a 5 point Infraction in effect.
If you read and abide by the Rules you'll never see anything like this anyway. For more details on how things are done here refer to the sticky at the top of the forum:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/look-behind-scenes-196807.html

This thread is now closed as discussing Moderators or their decisions in the forum is against WUS Rules. Please use PM or email to contact the Mods here or the Owner if you have issues.

Reactions: eirens
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.