Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why not a section for IR Photography?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Peles castle, please note, is Summer, so there is no show :)

IMGP5482.JPG

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.... this is how Coke look in infrared wave length :)

IMGP5446.JPG

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
Because - and this is most important - this is a watch forum.
Nothing wrong with an infrared shots thread though is there ?

After all this is a "Show & discuss watch and non-watch related" photography forum |>

Cool shots OP, sadly my camera doesn't do infra red :-(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,

Well, you're right, but wrong, here is a Photography section on a watch forum, and because there is no regulation to tell "it should be only watch photos" .... why not?

Best regards,

Marc

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,673 Posts
Thanks for your comment, however we do not need and we do not want to have a section (sub forum) for IR and about a "section" we spoke, not about a thread. Simple as that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Watchma,

My camera was modified to do IR shots. Probably yours could do.
The first thing you should try is to aim an TV remote control to the camera and keep a button pressed on remote control and take some pics.
If you have "live view" and can see on your camera screen you even don't need to take shots, you will see the IR led glowing intermittent.
If you can see the IR led from remote control mean that your camera sensor is enough sensitive to IR and could be modified.
Let me know if you need more directions :)

Best regards,

Marc

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,673 Posts
You asked for another section if I may bring this to your attention. Feel free to post as much watch and non-watch related pics in this forum as you want. However there will be no IR-section, Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,

Not sure if I understand right, :) , I mean here, in this section, this thread, Is wrong to put pics and discuss about them if are not related to watches?

Best regards,

Marc

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahhhh, sorry, my first sentence was not intended to ask for a new section, was just a comment in regards that here are also moon photos, sorry...

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,673 Posts
Hello,

Not sure if I understand right, :) , I mean here, in this section, this thread, Is wrong to put pics and discuss about them if are not related to watches?

Best regards,

Marc
As I wrote: Feel free to post as much watch and non-watch related pics in this forum as you want.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hello,

No post production at all. The photos are not modified, are taken in IR, just InfraRed. Well, some contrast luminosity corrections are applied.
In order to do such photos you need to modify your camera and after place some filters to block any visible light and let just IR waves to reach the sensor.
The modification consist in removing an internal filter which is placed there by the producer of the camera, with intention to let just visible light to reach the sensor.
This is required to be there just to have color photos in a palette which we see with our eyes.
So, removing this filtes which is inside the camera you will transform your camera in "whole spectrum wavelength" capable by your sensor, not just visible waves but also IR, UV, and anything between.

Best regards,

Marc

Reactions: watchma
1 - 14 of 14 Posts