WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone give any info on a pocket watch i have its a ingersoll 18 rubis made in the ussr it also has the serkisoff sybol on it and i have the number on the back of the watch i can add pics if directed as im new on here

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
You really need to post pictures of this, Ingersoll was a US brand that produced dollar watches between 1892 and 1922, the company was then bought over by Waterbury, which again changed name to US Time Corp and is now known under the name Timex.
18 rubis (french) means 18 jewels and is probably a swiss movement.

·
Moderator Public Forum
21,950 Posts
hi can anyone give any info on a pocket watch i have its a ingersoll 18 rubis made in the ussr it also has the serkisoff sybol on it and i have the number on the back of the watch i can add pics if directed as im new on here
Ingersoll made a variety of jeweled watches in the Trenton line. The movements I have seen have the usual odd jewel counts and I would be very surprised to see an 18 jewel count from Ingersoll. The movement looks modern to me. This is is a modern day knockoff from the USSR.

·
Registered
174 Posts
As Erik_H says it is a soviet russian Molnija.

SU on the movement means Soviet Union
84 4 means it was made 4th quarter of 1984.

The dial is a typical Molnija dial. I have never seen 'Ingersoll' printed, normally the print is Serkisoff or Molnija.

It is af cheap but OK russian watch, the only fake is ingersoll printed on the dial.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts

SU on the movement means Soviet Union
84 4 means it was made 4th quarter of 1984.

The dial is a typical Molnija dial. I have never seen 'Ingersoll' printed, normally the print is Serkisoff or Molnija.

It is af cheap but OK russian watch, the only fake is ingersoll printed on the dial.
Would you know whether it was normal with no shock resistance on the balance as late as 1984? I only have one of these movements, from 1955. No shock resistance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Would you know whether it was normal with no shock resistance on the balance as late as 1984? I only have one of these movements, from 1955. No shock resistance.
I think it was a matter of saving money.
Molnija ceased production in 2007, i bought a couple of the latest production. None of them had incabloc, and one is of poor quality made of brass without center jewel.

I have tried to search Mark Gordons site ussrtime.com for Tscheljabinsky Watch Factory to find molnija with shock protection. None of them I could find had it.

On the other hand if I remember correct, I have seen them but they must be rare.

A rather long answer with no information ... :roll:

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
On the other hand if I remember correct, I have seen them but they must be rare.
The 3603 has shock protection either incabloc or alternative. I have one I bought in late 1989 in East Berlin - I also have a bit of the wall I chipped off with my own hands. Good times :-!

Apparently the 3603 is a bit rare, many being used up in wrist watch conversions - here is mine.

Attachments

·
Moderator Public Forum
21,950 Posts

:-s:-s Under that definition a counterfeit Rolex with a dial that says Rolex and has the Rolex crown but uses an ETA movement only the dial is fake?

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is most definitely a Molnija 3602. I have one in my collection and had another which I traded.

I have two sets of Molnijas in my collection, one is case back designs and the other 'badged'. At the moment I have 18 in the 'badged colllection including ;

ADANAC, CORSAR, HELBROS, INGERSOLL, PIERRE JACQUARD, KAMATZ
KRASNIKOF, LACKAWANNA, MARATHON, ORIOSA, REGUS, SEKONDA
SERKISOF, SERVICES, SLAVA, ЧАЙКА, 3КСПРЕСС.

I have seen other brand names - well known western companies - but recently prices have jumped and it is no longer a cheap hobby.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts