WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi lads,

This is my first ever post or thread in the writing instruments forum, and probably my last lol.
When i think of this forum i get the picture of lots of intellectuals, poets, artists, lovers of the English language and art of calligraphy, appreciators of the finer things in life..........

Im none of those... lol.

But when i think of pens i think of early high school, late 80s, sitting up the back of the classroom bored out of my brain sucking and chewing on a black or blue Bic or Kilometrico until i'd filled it with my saliva, i'd blow in it and force it out the little breathing hole in the side of the pen to make spit bubbles and hissing sounds just to amuse myself, id chew the end off those pens until id be tasting the plastic break down in my mouth just to break the boredom.

Do you guys remember that moment when somebody would turn around and look at you with a look of shock and laughter because you had a mouthful of ink and it was dribbling down your chin, the teacher would call you an idiot and tell you to go and wait outside.

Did that ever happen to anybody else?

How about using the humble pen as a weapon in class.

Do you guys remember taking the guts out of a pen, blowing all the ink out of the tube and pulling the needle out of a compass in your geometry set and pushing it up inside the tube, then you had a very good dart.

When you had the dart all you needed was an elastic band taped to the pen and you could use that to fire your dart out of, these things were very dangerous so im not advocating the kids out there do the same lol

Or the humble pea shooter pen, always handy to keep one from falling asleep in class.

Pens also assisted me with a surface to write cheat notes that one could only see when the classroom light was reflecting at the right angle, it never failed me all the way to the end.

3 CHEERS FOR THE HUMBLE BIC...we had a lot of good times together mate.

Anybody else have any school stories about pens or devious uses for them :) ?

cheers

·
Registered
690 Posts
Never found high school boring; never sucked on a Bic, never used a pen as a weapon or wrote cheat notes on a Bic or anywhere else. But then it was also about thirty years before the late 80s and maybe none of those things had been invented yet.

·
Premium Member
38,881 Posts
I always remember the nasty taste from the time it happened to me. That's why I switched to rollerballs.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts