WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Gents

Recently I've acquired a nice 146.009 cal920 with a great blue dial in overall great condition though there is one thing that makes me curious- the crystal is with inner cyclope ( the crystal is omega logoed and has same shape as normally used on that watch). Could it happen that Omega had a version with cyclope or the crystal was obviously replaced? Can someone advice the part umber of original glass in this case so that i make all things original.

Appreciate,

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
they made the cyclops dial for a number of models, a few it's standard and the others it's optional
i have a 166.027 a 120m from 1968, it has one, pretty sure it's a service replacement

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Can someone advice the part umber of original glass in this case so that i make all things original.
The crystal you need is 063PZ5137. Omega does not specify a cyclops crystal for this case.

i have a 166.027 a 120m from 1968
The crystal for that is 063PZ5105 - no cyclops. Mine says hello...

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info, but where should I look for this index? In model name? Does it mean that there is still possible that this is an original crystal for the watch marked as 146.009?

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
thanks for the info, but where should I look for this index? In model name? Does it mean that there is still possible that this is an original crystal for the watch marked as 146.009?
As I noted, Omega calls for a crystal without a magnifier currently. If may be possible that at some time in the past, the magnifier was listed as an option, but it isn't currently.

Does the crystal have an Omega symbol in the very center?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I noted, Omega calls for a crystal without a magnifier currently. If may be possible that at some time in the past, the magnifier was listed as an option, but it isn't currently.

Does the crystal have an Omega symbol in the very center?
Yes it does, unfortunately it's hard to make a photo of that but it looks very valid

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
there were things available in the past online through search engines you can hardly find a reference to anymore while searching with current search engines, not going conspiracy,,,,, but questioning
guessing Omega is trying to reduce the overhead of parts procurement and storage, lots of interesting stuff no longer available, like early bracelet parts being one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts