WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I normally tread on the Omega forum but recently I have been interested in Vostok as I've seen quite a couple and have been pretty impressed with the price and quality.

Anyhow, I saw a "Limited Edition" Rectangular model (i could not recall the name) on leather strap. It has a black face with the 12, 3, 6 and 9 in Arabic, and has a day and night indicator. 100m WR, mineral crystal though (closest looks like the Arktika line but I'm not sure). Price is pretty good but I haven't done that much research on Vostok and its' history.

Can anyone help out a Vostok newbie?

Thanks
Glimmer
As per AD there are no metal bracelets available

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe new pobeda , red square or artika......
am i right?
Hi ecalzo,

I made an inquiry over the phone and it was the Metro model, but they didn't have it on bracelet. They were offering the pobeda but I didn't like the bracelet. Looked on the net and found the arktika, unfortunately its' out of stock but they are trying their best to look for one for me. Its' a pretty nice bracelet on it! Hope they have it too...Thanks for the reply

Glimmer

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi Glimmer, saw your post on the Omega forum....don't get Vostok mixed up with Vostok Europe, they are two totally different companies. Vostok Europe are based in Lithuania not Russia and they produce better quality watches.

Their web site is here:

http://www.vostok-europe.com/

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Glimmer, saw your post on the Omega forum....don't get Vostok mixed up with Vostok Europe, they are two totally different companies. Vostok Europe are based in Lithuania not Russia and they produce better quality watches.

Their web site is here:

http://www.vostok-europe.com/

Good luck in your search!
Hey...thanks for the info. Actually I was quite mixed up. Eric's pic didn't have the Vostok Europe font on his Amphibia, only what I would presume to be "Vostok" in Russian.. so I gather this company is a new one, following in the footsteps on the old one?

Thanks
Glimmer

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Not sure if there is or was a link, the more knowledgeable ones can chip in, but both companies are in operation today and yes VE is a younger company but independant of the other. :-!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks friends, that cleared it up. NEG, the link was correct. I was looking at another site which was selling Vostok Europe watches as well but it wasn't the "Mother Site." That link you provided was the definite link.

I like the Arktika model, very very much...but the local AD here does not have it on bracelet, which is the best feature of the watch in my opinion. If I order it it would cost 1.5 as much. I'm still thinking..any advice my friends?

Thanks again
Glimmer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts