WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Insane battery life or is this normal?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  J.D.B. 
#1 ·
I had the battery changed in this watch years before I started doing them myself and yet this one has out lasted all my others. I want to say it's been about 10 years since it was replaced and yet it seems like it will never die. The model is a 7123-823h. I'd be really interested to find out how this one has been running for so many years

See less See more
#7 ·
I have a Sharp EL-506 LCD scientific calculator that I got when I was in the eighth grade. I used it until I graduated from college in 1990. Since then, my mother has been using it to keep up her checkbook, every transaction for 27 years. The batteries have never been changed in 32 years; two button-cells. I don't understand how these things last so long, but, obviously some do!

#8 ·
I have had two watches with that strap and replaced it twice. Do you actually find it comfortable? As for the battery... You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension-a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into...

#9 ·
I have an old Timex Expedition that literally seems to run forever on the same battery. It's super lightweight, easy to read, and very comfortable on the wrist as well.

It has 4 screws on the back so the battery is easy to change when necessary too. ++

#10 ·
I use to have one of those voice boxes from spencers that I got in the early 90's. It had four foul word phrases mostly F words. Anyway, after about 8 years, it started to die like the battery would no longer work, so I put it in the junk drawer for several months. Then took it out one day and it worked great and kept on going for years. Then it felt like it was going to stop so I put it away again, and 6 months later it was running like new. I never opened it up to replace the batteries. strange.

#11 ·
Curiosity finally got the best of me and even though the watch hasn't died yet I decided to open her up. Inside I discovered a maxell sr1130w that even after almost a decade still had some juice left. Anyhow just needed an opinion wether I just go for the same battery or order something better. The maxell lasted so long in this one but I don't know if anything else like an energizer or renata could beat it. Thanks

#12 · (Edited)
As long as it's a silver oxide of the 389/390 form, there won't be noticeable difference. As someone posted a while back: Three years is about normal life expectancy. Of course, it could behave as machines sometimes do when given some TLC: It dies forever within a short time. As if the machine can play the "spite card".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.