WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

This my first post here at WUS, and my first Russian/soviet watch. I bought it a few days ago, simply because I like the “character” it shows, and the marks on the back intrigue me. I don´t know any word in Russian, so if anyone can tell me what is engraved I’ll really appreciate it. I know I still have to much to learn, but I just need to know if this watch is what the seller said, and take it as my first step on this new world of Russian/soviet watches.

More of the description at the bay: “Offered here is a nice soviet wrist watch RAKETA. It was made in the middle of 1960s at Petrodvorec Watch Factory. Movement is in a fully working order, professionally serviced, cleaned and oiled. Keeps correct time. The dial is signed: RAKETA, Made in USSR. Overall watch condition is good for its age…”

Thank You all for your help!

Saludos!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Nice first watch, classic! The seller has described the watch correctly, in my opinion. The inscription dates it Mar. 21, 1967 and the logo on the bridge is the one found on Petrovorets 2603 Raketas of that time. Shock-proof balance with screw-on back (offers some water-resistance although the rubber washer appears to be missing).

This one is at the low-end of wearable size for me at 33mm diameter of case.

Enjoy, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Hello guys!

This my first post here at WUS, and my first Russian/soviet watch. I bought it a few days ago, simply because I like the “character” it shows, and the marks on the back intrigue me. I don´t know any word in Russian, so if anyone can tell me what is engraved I’ll really appreciate it. I know I still have to much to learn, but I just need to know if this watch is what the seller said, and take it as my first step on this new world of Russian/soviet watches.

More of the description at the bay: “Offered here is a nice soviet wrist watch RAKETA. It was made in the middle of 1960s at Petrodvorec Watch Factory. Movement is in a fully working order, professionally serviced, cleaned and oiled. Keeps correct time. The dial is signed: RAKETA, Made in USSR. Overall watch condition is good for its age…”

Thank You all for your help!

Saludos!

View attachment 753639
View attachment 753640
View attachment 753641

The engraved back reads:

Г.К. Буравцову
Ленинский Р.К.Н.К (Ленинский Районный Комитет Народного Контроля)

to G.K Buravtsov
"District Leninist Popular Audit Committee" (during the Soviet period, a group of people representing a work collective or the public that made certain a company's actions were legal and correct)

The place of the district is unclear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts