WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
About 3 weeks ago. It smells like hot garbage and pee. Sorry. Seattle is terrible, too. Maybe worse, because at least NYC is big enough to get away from it, in some spots.
Are you speaking of the subway system or elsewhere?

NYC subway system needs a revamp. There needs to be doors for entering for subway cars like in London and elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Update on the building:

I would still buy it if I had cash at hand. If problems can be remedied for (inflated) $125 million, then they aren't structural problems at all. I think the condo board (board made up of current owners) wants the builders to cover the cost of some repairs which the owners themselves might be responsible for. The elevator issue seems like a one-off, but nonetheless, improvements should be made to not have it occur again.

·
Registered
9,554 Posts
meh. the Kitchen's countertops are a deal breaker for me :(.
seriously. WOW. this is unbelievable. unreal !. would love to be a Maid in this place. the only way to enjoy the view for free.

Reactions: watchRus

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
No thanks. I'll never live in NYC even if that penthouse was gifted to me.
I’ll take it and sell it to the highest bidder and buy something amazing out in the country.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I've been to that building and on the higher floors the building moves a lot. The agent wore an antimotion sickness bracelet and had to sit down in one of the units I looked at. The building is nice apart from the movement. If you buy too low down you don't get a great view but if you buy a high floor unit you might be feeling sick.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I've been to that building and on the higher floors the building moves a lot. The agent wore an antimotion sickness bracelet and had to sit down in one of the units I looked at. The building is nice apart from the movement. If you buy too low down you don't get a great view but if you buy a high floor unit you might be feeling sick.
So safe to say the building movement impeded in your interest in buying the apartment? Which floor did you visit?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
So safe to say the building movement impeded in your interest in buying the apartment? Which floor did you visit?
I wasn't there for me. I don't have any money. I don't remember the floors, it was a few years ago now when the building was brand new. I think the one I saw that was $40M was on the 80th floor maybe. I saw another one for $16m. The building is nice because it's 100% residential which is unusual for a building that big. They have two private restaurants and two sets of elevators with private vestibules. The windows were nice too 10'x10' panes from Saint-Gobain.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Make my off-grid home feel that much better! Vance.

Reactions: watchRus
41 - 58 of 58 Posts