WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the parts that are used inside an Anonimo watch are decent? I heard form a watch retailor in Philadelphia that they are crap on the inside.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
If he said that... he is talking about the Swiss movements and modules ( Is the inside of Anonimo Timepieces ) like:

ETA 2824-2, ETA UT6497-1, ETA 2836-2, DUBOIS DEPRAZ 2035, 2073, 2038 chronograph module & 43035 w/ flyback function, MICAL 2892-17, ETA 2678 73/4˝, ETA-Valijoux 7750, ETA 2893-1, SOPROD module 9035, ETA UT6497-1, Soprod SO 9040/2892-A2-SO, Chronograph Jaquet 8112 modified and SELLITA SW200... do a research because all this is not crap.

This few movements and modules are used too for many manufactures in the Timepiece World... the only difference is... Anonimo built extraordinary cases then look for movements can fit into the case... So we have the best from Italy and Switzerland.... and believe me is true.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
And the Buick dealer will tell you that Chevys are junk, the Kitchen Aid dealer will tell you that Whirlpool are junk...for the most part the same guts with a different case (Package). You just want what he does not have. Over 95% of the watches in stores have the same movements inside. Even the grading by ETA does not always make it better in the real world.

·
Registered
345 Posts
And the Buick dealer will tell you that Chevys are junk, the Kitchen Aid dealer will tell you that Whirlpool are junk...for the most part the same guts with a different case (Package). You just want what he does not have. Over 95% of the watches in stores have the same movements inside. Even the grading by ETA does not always make it better in the real world.
wise words

i would add if i may that any one in sales who uses bad mouthing of another brand is not to be trusted as this is not regarded as a sensible way to sell.
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
585 Posts
Better yet do your own homework.....check Anonimo's site...They list the movements for all their watches

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Yes, ETA movements are generally considered to be crap. No self respecting watch company would EVER use a 6497, a 2824, or a 7750. These are impossibly rare movements that you only see when an exceptionally immoral seller is trying to take you for a ride.

....do I even need to add an eyeroll?

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
(TEVI--you violated protocol here, and you completely misunderstood the sarcastic nature of the previous post--the midshipman's last line, "...do I even need to add an eyeroll?" tells us this--did you miss it?--time to do some damage control, please.)

·
Registered
135 Posts
(TEVI--you violated protocol here, and you completely misunderstood the sarcastic nature of the previous post--the midshipman's last line, "...do I even need to add an eyeroll?" tells us this--did you miss it?--time to do some damage control, please.)
Actually the "********" comment was directed at the "retailer in Philadelphia" quoted in the original post...not midshipman's post....sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hello,
He could have meant, and I'm just guessing here of course, that a "Standard" version ETA 2824 or its Sellita clone in a $5K+ watch is "crap". Granted, the movement is not necessarily that way, but its relationship with that specific watch could be.

If anything, he's probably guilty of too much "hyperbole". I know I am at times.

heb

Does anyone know if the parts that are used inside an Anonimo watch are decent? I heard form a watch retailor in Philadelphia that they are crap on the inside.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Man I hope not or we all have some expensive watch cases..
When you consider the difference between the cost of the movement alone and the price paid for the entire watch we do have "some expensive watch cases." However that is the case for most watch brands that don't manufacture their own movements (pun intended).
N

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Wow that is way out of line. Lets see who else uses ETA actions in there $5000 watches. Omega, Panerai, TAG Heuer, etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anonimo as a fairly small volume producer is going to use ETA / Sellita movements, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I suppose what the OP may refer to is the potential disconnect between movement grade, and watch rrp. If you compare with say Bremont, a similar sized UK manufacturer that is often accused of "ambitious" pricing, their movements are ETA, but all COSC. I would like to see Anonimo using at least top-grade movements, as many other manufacturers do for rather less money. This is one of the things that softens current residual values.

btw I really like some Anonimo stuff, and a Cronoscopio II is on my wants list

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Anybody know which grade the ETA movements are? And Sellita's?

·
Registered
699 Posts
If that store was Blank Blank and S DIAMONDS right off jewelrs row, I don't put too much stock in what they say. In my interactions with them they are not the most trusted source of info. I have gone in there because at times they have a nice invetory, however thier acutal information on movements and product lines is very lacking. Again just based on my interactions, YMMV

1 - 20 of 22 Posts