WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the back off my poljot chrono to photograph the movement before i offer it for sale.

Once i got the back off i realized that the case is dirtier than i recalled, so i decided to take the movement out so that i can put the case and case back in the ultrasonic cleaner.

That all went smoothly. Trouble is, the stem isn't going all the way in when i try to replace it.

I've tried pushing the stem release button and it doesn't help.

I don't see any obstructions and it doesn't appear that the keyless works have gotten dislodged, but i could be wrong - not a lot of it is visible with hands and dial still attached. I don't have levers to lift off subdial hands yet so I'd rather not get involved with that at this stage.

Plus, you know, I don't wear the watch and haven't in years. I'm trying to convert it into tools.

Any ideas?

I absolutely don't want to get too involved with a movement this complex. Worst case scenario i take it to an actual watchmaker and admit that I'm a moron.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link, and the insight that there is an additional plate in the way on the top side. I thought my biggest problem was safely removing the subdial hands without damaging anything. And not damaging the movement with an incompatible holder.

I'll try the lever, but I fear that I'm in the same boat you are, ultimately.

Let me know how your 3133 pans out, and how much the repair ends up costing you.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorted out

I seem to have sorted out my poljot.

Here's what the lever in question looks like in the wrong position:

3133-before.jpg

Take a sharpened pegwood (as shown) or a bamboo skewer, or whatever, and push in where my pegwood is pointed until it clicks.

Then it will look like this:

3133-after.jpg

At this point, the movement should be put back in the case (if you are casing) or into a compatible movement holder with the gear side up. If you are casing up, this is a good time for the case to be in a case holder which is in a vise clamped to your workbench. Or the movement holder should be secured by a vise.

With the same bit of pegwood, hold the stem release button gently down while reinserting the stem. You needn't press it very firmly, but if you don't hold it down the lever will click into the wrong position again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: sorted out

I seem to have sorted out my poljot.

Here's what the lever in question looks like in the wrong position:
Amazing !
I just fixed my Poljot Aviator after lying i drawer for 6+ years with the exact same problem !
I was fiddling with that lever but could not understand how it was supposed to sit.
I was just starting to plan a total disassembly of the movement when I found this thread !

|>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts