WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To see the versions, you need to enter the 'service-menu' the same way you do, when you need to change the contrast:

1. Press and hold the upper left, lower left, upper right and lower right buttons until 'SUUNTO' appears on the display.
2. When the display is blank press the upper left button once - 'SUUNTO' will appear on the screen
3. While 'SUUNTO' is still displayed press and hold the upper left button

From here you should find a menu called versions or something like that, choose it, and it will display hardware and software versions.

· Registered
13,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SOME of the earlier software versions had issues.

I think if you have a serial number starting in 8 then you should have the latest versions and should be just fine.

· Registered
86 Posts
I got mine a week ago:
Alu Brown
sw 1.1.0
hw 3A
sn 846

I´ve read a lot of posts about Core without problems should start with sn 9. I think what matters is sw + hw versions... I´m curious to know what are the latest versions...

Anyway, my Core stills running without problems (thankfully:) ).

· Registered
11 Posts
Is there a way to find out core or any other suunto serial before buying online. I want to buy,but also I want o be sure that I getting new model. Is there some dealer who ships only new models,not some old from stock?

· Registered
274 Posts
Is there a way to find out core or any other suunto serial before buying online. I want to buy,but also I want o be sure that I getting new model. Is there some dealer who ships only new models,not some old from stock?
Simple answer.... when you speak with a dealer ask them to ensure the serial begins with 908 onwards.

We are now at week 27 so it shouldn't be difficult to achieve a 915 for arguments sake.

· Registered
469 Posts
For what it's worth - purchased 9/4/09

Light Green
sw 1.1.0
hw 3A
sn 919635xx

· Registered
332 Posts
For the record.

Purchased 10/16/09

Serial: 934xxxxx

SW: 1.1.0
HW: 3A

All Black and really "Bad to the Bone" looking! :-!

· Registered
84 Posts
FWIW...

Core version: Light Green
Purchased: 11/14/09
Serial #: 838xxxxx
SW: 1.1.0
HW: 3A

· Registered
4 Posts
Is anybody sure that the first 3 numbers of SN shows the date of produce?

Last week I bought Suunto Core Alu Black with SN 846. When I was asking for SN, the seller told me, that he got them before one month directly from Suunto and he doesn't believe that they are one year old, made in November 2008. Firmware is the latest 1.1.0 and HW 3A.

Does anybody have Suunto Core Alu Black or Brown with SN so high like 938? Maybe only light/green or black/yellow have so high SN, because they are cheaper and much more of them were sold. I don't know...

· Registered
21 Posts
It appears to be the first 3 numbers indicate the production year and week, but if you want 100% assurance, a quick call to Suunto customer support might make sense.

Is anybody sure that the first 3 numbers of SN shows the date of produce?

Last week I bought Suunto Core Alu Black with SN 846. When I was asking for SN, the seller told me, that he got them before one month directly from Suunto and he doesn't believe that they are one year old, made in November 2008. Firmware is the latest 1.1.0 and HW 3A.

Does anybody have Suunto Core Alu Black or Brown with SN so high like 938? Maybe only light/green or black/yellow have so high SN, because they are cheaper and much more of them were sold. I don't know...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.